Chapter 3

It was dark out when Lily woke up with a gasp.

She was sat with her knees to her chest and unfolding her arms she shakly stood to stared at the building before her. When she first woke up, she thought that everything from before was a dream but the building before her said otherwise.

It was the same school from before.

Even the people from before were there. Thinking back, the last thing she remembered was everyone entering before everything went dark.

She flinched.

Lifting her wrist, she stared in disbelief as one of the seven brackets on her wrist begin to burn off.

S I X O U T O F S E V E N R E M A I N S

After playing so many indie horror games on her cheap laptop, Lily could only come up with one explanation.

These brackets her wrist was the number of lives she had left. So that meant that the first time she went in

She felt like crying.

She died.

SHE DIED LIKE A FREAKING NOOB.

Looking behind her, Lily knew that she couldn’t even rage quite the way she wanted too, because very faintly a red glow emitted from the school gates right behind her and she did not feel like getting zapped by a cat lazer.

She took a shaky deep breath, swallowed her fear and moved forward.

This time she didn’t talk to anyone, simply taking a phone and hid in a corner to be less noticeable. Spotting the two in the corner who helped her before, she hoped for their survival.

Lily flinched when a voice chimed.

[THERE ARE CURRENTLY SEVEN PARTICIPANTS.

Please wait for the game to commence.

Three minutes until registration closes]

At this there were looks of confusion, fear and determination.

What happened last time? Lily tired thinking about the last thing that happened. If she remembered correctly, the group entered the building when there was a faint sound behind her and with her head turned there was no one, so whatever was the thing to take her off the senses had to have appeared either in front of them or from above.

Well, that narrows it down.

Please note the sarcasm. She’s having a really bad day.

The voice from before spoke.

[Registration has closed.

There are a total of EIGHT PARTICIPANTS.

THE GAME WILL NOW COMMENCE.

Difficulty, Six of Clubs.]

[Game, “Detention.”]