Cold Hooves and Paws

Thunderhoof trudged through the doors of the base, snow piled uptop his antlers from outside. Globs of the frozen substance fell to the floor as he shook it off. Steeljaw just so happened to be walking up to him when he did so.
    "Watch it. We're trying to stay warm in here, aren't we? What did you find?" The wolf con shook his head, slinging the snow off.
    "Sorry about that. I didn't find anything out there. There's snow all over the place. Couldn't find my own peds if I couldn't feel 'em." Thunderhoof brushed the rest of the snow off his helm.
     "We'll have to look again when the snow melts. It's pretty late and it being dark out won't help either." Snow was all over the floor now. Steeljaw looked down at the mess. "Make sure to clean up this mess. I don't want to slip on it later." Saying that, Steeljaw turned and left. Leaving Thunderhoof to clean up the mess he'd made. 

Steeljaw walked quietly to his quarters. The floor was cold and the air was as well. If the tempurater managed to drop another twenty degrees, they'd be in trouble. Bots and Cons alike don't do well in the cold. No Cybertronian does. They're frames would eventually freeze and their systems would offline if they were in extreme cold for too long. Though it wasn't that cold, it was still to the point of being unpleasent. Steeljaw punched in the code and the door slid open. Just a room with a wide berth and a work desk. That's all he managed to have in his room. Just big enough to live in. It wasn't any warmer in here either. He didn't turn on the light. All the wolf con did was head straight to the berth and pull the blanket up over himself as he curled into a tight ball. 

Thunderhoof came back from pushing all the snow back outside in a matter of minutes. Steeljaw pulled the covers closer to his frame when he heard the door open. Cold air blew in from the outside hallway. When the door closed, he relaxed a little bit.
    "There ain't no point in trying to stay warm without me, you know." Thuderhoof walked to the opposite side of the berth and pulled the cover away from his sparkmate. Steeljaw growled as his cover was stolen from him.
    "Give it back." His ears went flat against his helm.
     "Calm down. I'm just gettin in with you. You ain't goin into recharge alone when it's this cold." Thunderhoof sat down on the berth, looking at the mech next to him. His ears were still flat against his helm. "You don't take too kindly to the cold, do you?" Steeljaw's ears eased up slowly. "Well, I won't let you get cold tonight," Thunderhoof said, laying down beside him. The mech tensed up when he felt cold metal arms wrap around his middle.
    "You're frame is freezing Thunderhoof." Steeljaw rolled over to face him. "I thought you were trying to keep me warm..." Thunderhoof pulled the thick blanket back over his mate.
    "That better?" The wolf con inched closer to the other mech.
    "You're still cold." Thunderhoof pulled him closer.
     "Then you gotta keep me warm too." Steeljaw huffed, slightly dissapointed mate's frame being cold.
     "You're an idiot Thunderhoof."

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot. So, deal with it."