Colds and Stubbornness Don't Mix.

Steeljaw sat up from the berth, looking over to find Thunderhoof still beside him.      "You're usually awake before I am. Strange," he said to himself. His hand rested on the moose con's shoulder. He shook him.
     "Wake up. You've got recon to do today." Thunderhoof rolled over, mumbling something under his breath. Steeljaw's tail swung around and hit his helm.
     "Fine... I'm gettin up," Thunderhoof groaned, sitting up. The mech rubbed his optics and sighed. "You know that feel 'in when you've been in a really dusty place for a while and your vents get clogged?" Steeljaw shook his head. "Well, that's what I fraggin feel like." Steeljaw stood and walked around to the other side of the berth where Thunderhoof was sitting. He sat beside him and leaned his head on the mech's shoulder.
     "You'll get over it." A quiet purr rumbled in his throat. Thunderhoof reached up and began to scratch behind Steeljaw's ear, something the mech loved but would never admit it. The purring grew lounder and Steeljaw began to wag his tail.
     "I'll meet you at the refueling station." Thunderhoof stood up and turned towards Steeljaw. He planted a small kiss on the con's helm.
    "I wish you'd be this affectionate more often," Steeljaw said teasingly.
     "You know that ain't gonna happen." Thunderhoof strode over to the door and turned to his sparkmate. "Remind me why you ain't doing recon yourself?" Steeljaw raised an eyebrow.
     "Because if I did it, then I would have to put you in charge while I'm gone." He smiled sarcastically and tilted his head. Thunderhoof scoffed and left Steeljaw's berthroom.
    They met at the refueling station. Steeljaw filled his cube with energon and sat down at a near by table. Thunderhoof soon joined him. "Still feel like your vents are clogged," Steeljaw asked as he took a sip from his cube.
     "Yeah. I got a helm ache now." The mech placed a hand on his forehead to prop himself up on the table.
     "Maybe you should put off recon until tomorrow. You're not going out there if you're sick." Steeljaw placed a hand on Thunderhoof's arm.
     "Stop bein' so considerate of me. It's almost embarrassing." Steeljaw's frame tensed and his ears twitched at the mech's remark.
     "I'm serious Thunderhoof. You're not going back out there if you already have some sort of freezing in your vents. And that's what it's sounding like so far." He took his hand away from Thunderhoof's arm.
     "Fine. I'm going back to the berthroom then." Thunderhoof left the wolf con alone for the comfort of their warm berth.