Journey with Danny

Evangeline's POV

"So have you thought about what you're going to say? How you're going to act when you are returned to Volterra?" Danny asks me.

"A little, I'm not going to be coward. I'll look them in the eyes and demand that my family be set free. Otherwise I'll die" I tell him.

"How will you manage that? They won't let you kill yourself" he states.

"They won't harm me and will want me to remain healthy before my transition. I have this" I add showing him a herb. "It's a herb, that will kill me slowly unless I am given the antidote. Vampire venom won't help. Once I have it, I have five days before I die" I explain.

"Where did you get that?" he asks me.

"Damien gave it to me" I state as I pocket it. "Are anyone else from the Harry Potter movies alive?" I ask him.

"Alan Rickman is and so is Emma Watson. Tom Felton is and Rupert is dead though. Alan and Tom are vampires. Emma is actually a shifter, she's an elder now" he states.

"Cool" I say. "How long until we reach the human camp?" I ask him.

"If we keep up this pace, tomorrow lunch time. Unless you want to travel at night" he states.

"No, I want to be well rested before I face the Volturi. I won't look weak or tired in front of them" I state.

"Then we'll keep going until sun set, then make camp" he states. I nod my head in agreement. It's already midday. We had stop for me to have lunch. But we get back on the road.

"So do vampires sleep?" I ask him.

"No, so I'll be on guard all night. So feel free to sleep as long as you want" he tells me.

"Thanks, who do you think they sent to search for me?" I ask him.

"Probably their most elite" he tells me. "The twins Jane and Alec. With Demetri and Felix" he says. "I'm sure they'll be the ones to collect you once we reach the human camp" he states. "Demetri is their best tracker and Felix is their strongest guard. The twins an incapacitate anyone with their powers" he states.

"I'll be sure not to anger them" I state.

"Wise decision" he says.

"Do you have any powers?" I ask him.

"No, though I am pretty fast" he states. "Have you ever ridden on a vampire's back?" he asks me curious.

"No, though I've ridden on the back of a wolf" I tell him.

"They are faster then us vampires" he tells. "So I have a question, if you had a choice. Would you rather be a wolf or vampire?" he asks me.

"Neither, I like being human" I tell him. "I wish the supernatural world had remained a secret. Cole would still be alive, we might actually still be together" I say sadly.

"Cole?" he asks me.

"He was my best friend. We dated for a year, but broke up when we reached the age group to be sacrificed. We remained friends and promised if we were bot still in the camp at thirty three. That we'd get back together, but never have children. He was chosen with me and killed in front of me because our bond" I explain.

"I'm sorry, I asked" he says.

"I won't let them hurt my family, I will not rest until they are over thrown" I tell him.

"Remember you have to be patient, act like a faithful mate. I don't know when we'll be able to get into contact with you once you are returned. It could be weeks, it could be months. Don't forget what you're fighting for" he tells me.

"We have something they don't" I tell him and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Something worth fighting for" I say with a smile. He smiles back.

(Time skip)

We've set up keep and are cooking a couple of trouts for me. "Are you cold?" Danny asks me.

"Not really" I tell him.

"I'll keep the fire going all night" he tells me. "So you should be able to warm up quickly tomorrow morning. Before we set off again" he states. I nod my head. The fish was ready and I ate it.

"I might go to sleep now, the sooner I fall asleep. The sooner we can leave in the morning" I tell him. He nods his head. I go brush my teeth by the stream. Before going into the tent crawling into my sleeping bag. I soon fall asleep.

(Human camp) Third Persons POV

"I just got a call from a human camp. They saw smoke not far from them. It could be her" Alec states.

"We'll head there now" Jane states.

"We should reach it by morning" Felix states.

"I'll call them and tell them not to do anything until we arrive. Aro would not be happy is Evangeline was hurt because we sent common vampires to do our job" Demetri states. "Jane, you come with me. We'll track her while the other two head for the human camp" he instructs. The others agree. They set off straight away.

A/N

Picture above of Danny and picture on the external link of Evangeline's outfit.

The Volturi Breeder: FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara