n i n e

I pulled into the driveway and got out. As I unlocked the front door, I saw my dad drinking a bottle of whiskey on the couch.

"Taylor.. where were you?" He questioned. "I was out with friends." I said, scared to say anything wrong.

"Did you hear the Thorton's boat sunk.." He said. "Yea, Topper told me today." I spoke. "I wonder what happened.." I continued. "Not sure." He said. "Can you get me just a beer out of the fridge?" He asked me.

"I don't think you need a beer.. that whiskey bottle was full this morning... So was that one. I think you need to take a break." I responded. "What did you say?" He stood up.

"I just- Nevermind." I said and walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of beer. I shut the fridge and walked to the living room. "Here." I said, handing him the beer.

He slams the bottle on the floor and the sound of glass breaking made me flinch.

"What the hell!" I shouted. "You need to learn some fucking manners!" He starts to get mad.. I took a step back but he closed the gap between us.

"The only way is to discipline you.." He said. "Dad! I was just saying.. you need to stop drinking! You are a alcoholic!" I shout not caring anymore. But I soon regretted what I said as I felt a fist come in contact with my eye.

I fell onto the ground and looked up to my dad as I grabbed my eye.

"Better. Now.. never talk to me like that! Or else.." He said as he walked past me and to the kitchen. A tear slowly slipped from my eye but I quickly wiped it away. I stood up and ran upstairs and slammed my room door.

I looked in the mirror and saw my eye was already starting to get red.. "That one is gonna leave a bruise.." I mutter to myself. I shake my head as I walk away from my mirror. I can't believe this is my dad.. The same dad that used to be my best friend a few years ago..

I heard a ding from my back pocket and looked to see who texted me.

The Oldest Cameron : We need to talk asap! 

I read the message and scoffed.

Taylor : Well not tonight.. and I am busy tmr... and the next day soo, try again some other time.

The Oldest Cameron : Fine. I understand that what we did looked bad, but they hit us.. we had to get them back! I am sorry for throwing you but you weren't supposed to be a part of the fight.

I read the text and rolled my eyes. I didn't respond. Instead I set my phone on silent and put it on my side table and got into bed.. I closed my eyes and soon I was dead asleep...

-

-

"What happened to your face?" Kie asked, everyone looked at me. "Kelce hit me. I don't think he meant to but when I went and elbowed him in the gut his hand swung up and hit me.." I lied.

"Shit.. it's bad." The Pope said. "Well it wouldn't have happened if someone talked them out of beating our asses.." JJ spoke.

"Ok.. I went to the bathroom for a second! Ok! I am sorry." I said to the boys. "If.. The Pope didn't have to pee. Maybe y'all would have been in the fight.. yesterday." I spoke as I sat at the counter.

"Yea.. well it doesn't matter.. It was 3 vs. 2... that was some real kook shit there." JJ said. "What was your thought process using your head though?" JJ asked. "Yea? That was pretty cool.." I said, smiling.

"I don't know. I wa-" Pope started to say but was cut off by Mr. Heyward. "Hey Pope, someone here to see you." He said and I watched as the sheriff walked in. I quickly get off the counter.