Part 1-The Fantasy

Dedicated to Sherlockpoppy who made this amazing cover!

Imagine falling in love with the most amazing boy. He isn't your best friend or the most popular or bad ass guy at school. It was the guy who saw your most embarrassing mistakes and tantrums. Especially when it came to the self-serve machines at the local supermarket. 

Cadence was an intelligent three unit English and Maths student. She could do logs, essays, linear functions and write breath taking creative writing pieces. However when it came to technology she was a dunce, incompetent, idiot and any multiple other synonyms. 

It was the third time that week she'd been at the self-serve aisle. She swallowed and walked past Leo in his white shirt and sky blue vest.

She placed the basket on the shelf and started to unload her items.

She scanned a tissue box, apples, lettuce, a packet of pens (the last pack had run out during the last exam period).

Cadence had become preoccupied with her exam worries to realise she had scanned the six pack of toilet paper twice. She reached out and tapped the screen to delete the item.

STAFF MEMBER ID REQUIRED

Cadence stood there blushing. It was the second time that week the dreaded message had reared its ugly head. It's bold green text flashed across the screen, begging for attention. It was like a flashing neon sign saying IDIOT. If she as the senile old woman next to her it would have been understandable to make that sort of mistake.

For once it would have been nice to engage Leo in an intelligent conversation about Brave New World or any text of his choosing. She'd have probably read it anyway.

Leo came over after dealing with a kid who had swiped a pack of gum when his mother wasn't looking. He gave her a kind smile. "This seems to be a habit of yours," he said.

Cadence laughed. Gawd, she must have looked like a fool. "I'm only intelligent when people aren't looking," she said.

"I know, I've seen you...at the library. You were slugging through Atlas Shrugged."

Cadence looked down and scraped her canvas shoe across the tiled floor. "You saw that."

"Did you know that you move your jaw from side to side when you're concentrating." He rubbed his neck. "...It's cute."

He was cute. He had this messy brown hair, gray effervescent eyes and a wiry build.

"I'm Leo."

"I know," she said, pointing to his name tag. "Cadence."

He smiled again and swiped his ID along the screen. He lent over her to do so. Cadence's breathing hitched. His arm bumped hers. He straightened up and took her hand. He kissed her. It was slow and gentle at first. As the seconds flew past the kiss became more passionate. Boy, could he kiss. His hand moved up and caressed her- 

A/N I can't tell if this is purposely meant to be stupid or my brain thinks it's good. If all else fails GUYS IT'S SATIRE