Chapter 11: Special Place

Gen kept praying constantly and she was in distress. All of the punishments were life threatening. She didn't get a chance to negotiate with Lucius, or say goodbye to Bella, her friends back home and her family. She had so many dreams, plans and ambitions. She was too young to die at this point. She wasn't in her right mind when she challenged Lucius, but she thought she would it able to talk it out. She was filled with anguish and remorse. She wished she could turn back time and change everything. She couldn't help as the tears began to flow and she sobbed, although it came out muffled.

When Lucius and Gen stopped walking, Gen's heart started to beat at a thousand miles per hour. She was not ready to leave this world. When the hand left her mouth, she sobbed.

"Please let me go. I'm sorry, please forgive me. I made a mistake. I was wrong. Don't do this please." She spoke breathlessly.

"Why are you panicking so much. You promised me you'd bring me that vase. Now you need to repay me somehow." Lucius spoke and Gen felt hopeless.

"I'll do anything else for you. But please don't punish me!" She squealed in sorrow.

When the hand was lifted off her face and her eyes adjusted to the surroundings, she observed the place, and it seemed a little unusual for an execution place. There was a wheel, a kiln, and various tools, but they didn't seem too dangerous.

"This place-" Gen began but Lucius interrupted.

"I decided to delay your punishment. I brought you to my special place. Since you broke my beautiful vase, you have to make a new one for me." And that is when she saw the clay and realized that they were going to make pottery.

"But I don't know how to." Gen countered.

"Then I'll teach you." Lucius offered, held her hand and familiarized her with the process.

They sat in front of the potter's wheel with a slab of clay and then divulged their hands to shape it. It was new and different for Gen but felt extremely calm and soothing to touch the clay. Lucius guided her hands and helped her mold the clay into the shape of a vase. Once that was done, they used the kiln to bake the clay.

"Did you really think I was going to punish you?" Lucius asked and Gen nodded.

"You always sound so serious, and I saw you that day punishing the guards so I thought you would stand by your words. But how can you suggest such a punishment, it is so inhuman." Gen argued.

"If you knew that I was serious then you shouldn't have lied Vee." Lucius confronted her and Gen felt embarrassed that her lie was caught.

"I didn't-" She tried to come up with an excuse or explanation but miserably failed.

"I wouldn't punish a little girl. You should be grateful that a pack member saw that it wasn't you and mind-linked me on the spot." Lucius revealed.

"So, you knew that it wasn't me?" Gen felt frustrated. All that drama for nothing.

"I was in a mood to play. And I have to admit that it was fun teasing you." Lucius disclosed. He was still hiding the fact that he was the one who told all the other sellers not to help Gen.

Gen felt as if she got played and she didn't like that feeling at all. King Lucius was cunning, evil, and wicked.

"Please take me back to the packhouse, I don't want to stay here." Gen was being grumpy, and Lucius could sense that.

"But we still have the decorating part left. And trust me, that's the best part." Lucius tried to convince. Gen had to admit that she was in awe of the design of the vase and so, she decided to stay. Lucius carved out a beautiful pattern and then glazed it to make it look shiny and glossy. It looked perfect and so similar to the one she broke. Could it be?

"I heard you visited an old man. He was my mentor and he taught me all this." Lucius spoke and Gen's suspicions were confirmed.

"So, you're that stubborn disciple who quit and refused to come back?" Gen questioned in a mocking tone.

"It is true that I gave him a very tough time. But I was a young and brooding werewolf at that time and couldn't handle pottery alongside managing the kingdom." Lucius paused. "This is the first time in years that I revisited this place. And I have to admit that I missed it. That old man recommended me to come here because I had severe anger issues. And it definitely worked." The entire process was very calming and soothing.

"You should come here more often. You seem to have a knack for this." Gen was enchanted to see the final product. It was faultless and quintessential.

"Here, this is a gift for you." Lucius handed it over to Gen and she was speechless for a second.

"Thank you, but I can't take this." She refuted.

"Don't you like it?" Lucius was upset.

"I do, but-" Gen couldn't put her feelings into words.

"Is there anything you want me to do Vee?" Lucius questioned and Gen started to think.

And then she began. "Yes. Get rid of these nasty punishments such as beheading, cutting off hands and tongue. They are seriously disturbing. I understand that you have rules to keep everything under control and to maintain order. But your people fear you. They are afraid. They can't voice out their concerns. Some of them are brainwashed, they blindly follow whatever you say. This is just wrong." Gen put forward her point.

"I like it when they are afraid and obedient. They know they shouldn't cross me and that is what helps to keep the kingdom peaceful." Lucius spoke, but then saw Gen's unhappy expression and continued. "I am willing to amend some of my rules for you."

"You shouldn't do this for me. Do it for your people. They deserve it. And why don't you let people call you by your name? Why is there this compulsion? Maybe you can let them call you King Lucius if you want to be treated differently. But you have a nice name." Gen blurted. Lucius was amused to hear his name roll off her tongue and also that she liked his name. He never liked his own name. The meaning was light, and his personality was dark, so it didn't make sense for him.

"Fine. I can let my pack members call me that. And you can call me whatever you want." He gave her the option.

That's when a witty idea entered Gen's mind. "Fine, I'll call you Lucy." She spoke mockingly and Lucius playfully glared at her.

There was something about this girl that Lucius couldn't put his finger on, but he liked. He couldn't stop himself from agreeing with her and had the constant urge to tease and please her. She had broken down his boundaries and broken so many of his rules. She rose her voice in front of him, lied to protect someone else, and damaged his reputation a little, but he didn't mind.

Most importantly, she had stolen his heart. 

Author's Note:

Thank you readers for 1K views. It makes me so happy to know that people read and like my work. Please continue to shower your love. Lots of love right back at ya xoxo