chapter fourteen

Simon's pov

"What do you think the girls are doing right now?". Eric asked after a few minutes of silence. I just looked at him and shrugged. For the life of me I couldn't explain what was really going on with me. In just a few minutes my girls had already taken a liking to some stranger, and not just that now they prefer her over me. That's not all actually, she not only corrupted my children's mind but also mine, because I've been thinking about her since I just saw her a few minutes ago. For some strange reasons I find myself drawn to her, maybe it's lust or something. I've never been with any woman ever since my wife died, not because I didn't want to, but even thinking about that didn't settle well with me. It feels as if am cheating on her, but according to Eric, I have to move on. He always tells me that my wife will always remain a big part of my life but I should try to move but its been so hard. Every time I look at my kids, am reminded of her and all the pain come flooding back to me. As much as it hurts, it still gives me solace because my children are everything to me, that's why am usually overprotective over them. I've experienced so much loss in my life such that the thought of anything happening to my kids drives me to insanity.

"Simon".  Eric called when I didn't answer him. He is one of my trusted friends, not that I have many.

"I don't know. Maybe applying makeup or something. Why don't you go and find out if you are that interested" I snapped at him, angry at him for interrupting my thoughts.

"Ouch man!!. ".

"Am sorry am just worried about my girls"

"They are okay man. Leah has a way with children and she wouldn't  let anything happen to them and besides Leyla is there with them" Eric tried to assure me.

"I know it's just.."

"Simon, they are okay. You are overreacting".

"And i have every right to and you know why". I snapped again at him.

"I know Simon and am sorry about everything that is happening. We can go and check on them if you want".

"It's okay we'll just...". I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Instinctly I reached for my gun, not knowing who could really be knocking at this time. Eric was already behind me as I opened the door.

"You??.