23 | Bonfire

The whole time during my relationship with Josh, I was scared to be myself

The whole time during my relationship with Josh, I was scared to be myself. I never went out with my friends because they were his too. He didn't find me wanting some alone time with my friends a good enough reason to let me go alone. He always had to look over my shoulder and make sure to know and hear every single thing I did.

With Felix, it is different. He doesn't want to check on me whenever I am talking. He always looks at me from the other side of the room until I give him a sign to come over. Just like he is doing now. He is playing with the rings, the ones I told him I found attractive to him, on his fingers while keeping a conversation going with Carson. But he is desperate to come over and play with my hair.

He is barely listening to him just like I am not listening to Alina. She has been going on about a dress she is designing and I am really trying to understand it. But my fashion sense goes as far as what my boss or Jolyn tells me to buy. I am not really into all that stuff so I just buy what I find pretty and hope it fits together.

But I know that Alina is an important person in Felix's life and that is why I am doing my best to be liked by her. It is not really the hardest task to do since she likes me because I am the reason Luke finally talked to her. He had been crushing on her for at least four months before he finally got some balls to talk with her. And that is all because I was the one noticing his longy eyes to her.

"You look happier, did you know that?" Luke pulls me back to reality while Alina is now sitting on his lap. "So do you." He is doing his best to not pull her to the closest room to us because he wants to show her how much he loves her. And I feel like I am third-wheeling them. Or at least, holding them back.

"I should thank you for beating my ass, again. I don't think that I would have ever gone over and talked with her if it wasn't because of you." Alina's face is hiding in the crook of his neck trying to hide the blush forming on her cheeks. I have never seen her blush before in my life because she is known for being quite persistent when it comes to what she wants and feels. "Sometimes all you need is a little push to get the best thing in your life."

And I can tell because I have experience when it comes to that. I am glad that I did not keep myself away from Felix when he showed up that one day in the gym. The old Kennedy would have said no to his crazy idea because I was scared to let loose sometimes. It wouldn't have given me the most amazing guy in the world. Because that is what Felix is to me, he is amazing and I love him with my whole heart.

And sometimes it scares me. I have never felt this before with someone.

"Well thank you for giving me that push." Amelia and Lyra enter the house laughing their asses off. They get a weird look from everybody but I can tell that they just did something stupid. "The bonfire is finally ready but don't ask us how we did it." And that is why they are laughing so loudly because they did something stupid. Lyra's pants are black and I am quite sure it is because of the fire and nothing else.