29

it sent shivers down his spine.

"i'll see you tonight."

he could feel the warmth rising as he felt her lips against his ear, and tiny strand of her hair in his face, letting him smell that cinnamon scent.

he turned his head and watched her head towards the girls dormitories.

as she followed luna and ginny, she smiled to herself, glad with her surge of confidence.

briar went into her dorm's bathroom and showered.

she had a very specific way of showering.

she would use a tiny bit of shampoo and run it through her hair, wash it out, get a bigger amount of shampoo, rub it into her scalp and hair, wash it out, ring out her hair, put in conditioner, shave her under arms, wash out the conditioner, shave her legs, wash her body, wash her face, then lastly, rinse her hair in cold water.

ron, did something totally different.

he rubbed in a handful of shampoo into his head, rinse it out, then wash his face. 

when he got out of the shower he wrapped a towel around his waist, then, washed and shaved his face.

she applied lotion to her legs and patted herself dry.

she started at herself in the mirror for a few minutes until she got sick of looking at herself.

he gave himself a pep talk,

"come on ron, tonight is the night. tonight you're gonna make everything right, you'll make her yours-"

harry banged on the door cutting him off from whispering to himself, "get out of there mate, i need to shower too."

ron opened the door, startling harry, and joked, "i thought the chosen one didn't need to shower."

harry rolled his eyes and pushed him aside.

"wait," ron realized, "you never told me who you're going with."

"cho." he answered blankly.

briar sat in front of her vanity as ginny pinned back luna's hair for her.

"you're gonna be a vision tonight." ginny beamed to her.

"so will you gin." briar smiled back.

"ok... and, done!" she exclaimed, pulling her hands away from luna's head. "now, i've got to go and check in with hermione. i'll be back."

as ginny left the room, luna turned to briar, "so, do you think you and ron will become one tonight?"

briar looked at her embarrassed, "uh, what?"

"you love him dont you?" she asked as if it was the most obvious thing ever, "i see the way you look at each other."

"i- what- i don't-" she stuttered, taken aback by her bluntness.

luna seemed to have moved on from the topic on her own, explaining how she had something for them all to do after the ball.

briar swallowed, having a feeling she knew what luna meant.

she turned back to her reflection in the mirror, and applied light makeup.

instead of what she usually did, eyeliner, mascara, and glossy chapstick, she opted for a gentler look to match her dress.

applying liquid blush to her cheeks, sparkly light pink eyeshadow, covering her eyelid, a tiny bit of mascara, concealer, and a almost neutral pink lipgloss to match her eyeshadow. but, it was just pink enough so that you could tell there was lip gloss applied.

meanwhile, ron was joking around with harry as he sprayed a tiny bit of cologne onto his dress robes.

his usual scent was masked by a more 'manly' smell of, sandalwood and mahogany.

she, opted for her usual perfume that smelled like fresh rain.

looking over at the time, she saw it was almost eight.

he glanced at the only half working wrist watch seeing it was almost eight.

if he leaves now, by the time he'd get down to the great hall, it will be starting.

turning to harry he held his arms out, as if to show himself off.

"how do i look?" he asked nervously.

"brilliant." harry smiled awkwardly.

instead of the ratty old dress robes from last year, he had gone for simple black robes, not exactly sure what briar would be wearing.

before he left the dorm, he grabbed a small box from the drawer in his bedside table, slipping it into his pants pocket.

briar, looked to the clock again to see it was now eight o'clock.

she slightly rushed getting her dress on as ginny entered the dorm entered then left the dorm again to grab her dress and take it back to hermione's dorm.

luna helped her zip it up as she slipped on jewelry.

she pulled her hair back into a low bun, right at the middle of her neck, making her hair come out of her face, slicked back so you could see her face instead of how it usually was, down and messily in her face.

looking back at the time, it was 8:10.

by the time she'd get down to the ball she'd be slightly late, but not too late.

taking one last look in the mirror at herself, she realized she looked slightly different.

not too different, just lighter.

she waved luna away telling her she could go and catch up with ginny so that they could enter the hall together.

as luna ran off to go and find ginny, briar took a deep breath and put on a confident face, walking through the halls as if she was the best looking person in the whole school.

i was imagining her hair to look like that^ in case it confused anyone

lol also fun fact: i hate the number nine, i really fucking hate it