Embracing death

Wei Wuxian found Lan Wangji's expression oddly familiar. Suddenly he heard Jiang Cheng's yelling voice, "LAN WANGJI".
'Right, Jiang Cheng had the same expression when he killed him during the siege all those years ago' he recalled grimly. The further his mind replayed those memories the more his heart grew numb and empty.
He jolted back to reality when Jiang Cheng stood beside him and fixed his eyes on him. He turned to face him, no sign of his inner turmoil shown on his face.
"Sect Leader Jiang", he greeted him, his cold voice making the said leader flinch.

He turned towards the Lan brothers. Lan Wangji ,the man he loved still had his Bichen pointed towards his heart,ready to protect his brother from him. This blatant hostility and distrust crushed his already shattered heart. He eyed Lan Xichen who was bleeding and wanted to move forward to unseal his spiritual powers so that it could heal his wounds.

Suddenly Bichen was thrust forward aiming for his heart. His body instinctively moved to avoid getting his heart pierced as a result Bichen was buried into him just barely avoiding his heart. He looked up, his wide eyes met the cold golden and the hand holding Lan Xichen tightened protectively. "MONSTER! Stay away! ", Lan Wangji said in a dangerously low and cold voice chilling him to the bones and a bitter chuckle escaped his mouth.

Wei Wuxian held Bichen's blade with his bare hand and drove it deeper into him. Lan Wangji was shocked judging by his slightly widened eyes. His lip curled up in a smirk and he roughly yanked the blade out of him causing more blood to flow. He staggered back a few steps from them and smiled, blood trickling down his mouth.

He slowly made his way towards the center of the ground facing the Lans and said voice distant ,"Hanguang Jun, you should unseal your brother's spiritual powers so that his wound can be healed, only if you don't want him to die that is".Lan Wangji eyed him warily for a moment before he proceeded to do as suggested and passing some of his own spiritual energy.

Jiang Cheng stood there completely stunned by the turn of events.

Without further delay Wei Wuxian started to draw a complicated array with his blood and resentful energy started to surround him into a shield stopping anyone from approaching him. Baxia flew out in the center of the array, filled with resentment ready to take revenge.

He started whistling and summoning Nie Mingjue's resentful soul with the help of the array. The summoned soul took hold of Baxia and let out a feral growl.

Jin Guangyao who was witnessing it was scarred out of his wits. His mind was screaming for him to escape, to run for his life but his shaking legs refused to heed his command. He never thought Wei Wuxian would go to such lengths to destroy him even if it costs him his life. He saw him grinning back at him and knew he made a terrible mistake. He was brought back to reality harshly when the soul growled in front of him and the next second Baxia sliced his neck. 

Wei Wuxian watched as the soul sliced Jin Guangyao's limbs and sighed. He knew all too well that the array he was using was a very powerful one and with the low cultivation level and the weak state of his current body he would definitely die, not even leaving his body behind. He didn't know what to do after the man he loved, the only one who trusted him turned his back on him and even tried to kill him. He was tired of explaining himself, so he chose this method to end everything and rest in peace.

The soul after taking it's revenge disappeared and Baxia flew to Nie Huisang who had snuck inside at some point to witness the revenge. Wei Wuxian had seen how satisfied he was while watching Jin Guangyao's doom.

Wei Wuxian who was now floating with the resentful energy was bleeding from his qiqiao and his body was starting to give up. He sent Jin Guangyao's sword to Jiang Cheng.

Wei Wuxian, "Jiang Cheng, I hope you can use this and show Jin Guangyao's memories to everyone at the next conference". He smiled, " Take care of yourself and Jin Ling".
Then he turned to Jin Ling with a soft smile, "A-ling, your eyes are just like shijie's. Be a kind and strong person like her".
He called to the hiding Nie leader without turning to him in a cold voice, " Sect Leader Nie, I know you wanted revenge and in doing so you selfishly forced me to relive all the tragedies once again. But I am glad you are satisfied with the outcome ". The said leader looked down, clearly feeling guilty.
He didn't turn to Lan Wangji clearly hurt by him deeply.
Instead he faced Jiang  Cheng with a sad smile, a lone tear escaping his eyes,          " Thank you and I'm sorry ".

With that the resentful energy engulfed his body in a whirlwind and the next moment he was gone.