Empathy

Lotus Pier, Yunmeng

All the major and minor sects were present in the main Hall. Sect leader Jiang was seated on his magnificent lotus throne at the head position. Qinghe Nie Clan was seated on his left and Jin Clan lead by Jin Ling was on his right.

The seating arrangements clearly showed the collaboration between the Nie and the Jiang clans.

Jiang Cheng got up from his throne and addressed everyone present.

Jiang Cheng, "I, Jiang Wanyin Sect leader of Yunmeng Jiang clan welcome you all to the emergency conference held today. Today we all are gathered here to discuss and also unveil many secrets and truth concerning the entire cultivation world".

Jiang Cheng looked at Nie Huaisang and he got up from his seat and stood beside Jiang Cheng and facing the sects.

Nie Huaisang, " We would now be showing previous Sect leader Jin, Jin Guangyao's memories to everyone ".

Jiang Cheng signaled one of the Jiang disciple to bring Jin Guangyao's sword.

Meanwhile, Nie Huaisang started drawing an array on the floor in the center of the Hall and took the sword from the disciple and placed it in the middle of the array. Then both him and Jiang Cheng poured some of their spiritual energies.

It was an array that enables all the people present in the hall to perform empathy together. The array was invented by non other than Wei Wuxian. Nie Huaisang had secretly gotten his hands on it after the burial mounds siege and later completed it.

Everyone became silent and the hall was engulfed in darkness. Everyone poured a little of their spiritual energy to participate and the empathy begin.

The first scene showed a teen Meng Yao doing laundry in what they concluded was the brothel his mother worked in. They saw how his mother always encouraged him to gain his father's approval and wanted him to live a better life away from the brothel.

Next they saw how he killed everyone including his own mother by setting fire to the brothel and himself escaped from the hell.

Meng Yao, " I will definitely gain father's approval and make you proud mother" . With that said he left for the Jin clan.

Every single one of them were shocked speechless. He killed everyone just so that he could run away from there?? Including his own mother??

Jin Guangyao had always acted as if he loved his mother very much then, what was this? Nobody knew the answer and the empathy continued.

The next scene showed how he roamed around and finally reached Jin clan. He introduced himself as the son of the Jin Sect leader,Jin Guangshan and was kicked down the stairs by his own father who refused to acknowledge him as his son. They all heard his malicious thoughts of killing his father and ruling Jin clan and left Jinlintai with these thoughts in mind.

Next he reached Nie clan and took shelter there but words of him being kicked out by his own father were spread quickly. People always insulted him due to his lineage and how his father refused to acknowledge him.

But he would always hide his evil intents by a gentle and hopeless smile. He was just waiting for the right opportunity.

Until one day he finally found the opportunity he was waiting for when he was noticed by the Nie Sect leader Nie Mingjue. He was known as a righteous man who valued hardwork and loyalty. He needed to gain his trust to rise in power so he did what he was best at, that is acting innocent and helpless victim. And he succeeded. Nie Mingjue had appointed him as his personal adviser.

But still the insults did not stop. Everyone would always talk behind his back. Specially the general of the Nie clan despised him very much and would not even bother hiding his insults and taunts.

Meng Yao made a mental note to deal with him later and make him pay for his sins.

Everyone was having difficulty believing that the sweet and gentle Chief cultivator was such a wicked, evil and cunnning person specially Lan Xichen. They could only continue watching.

The next scene showed Nie Mingjue and Meng Yao having a conversation in his room.

Nie Mingjue, " Yao, I want you to accompany Huaisang to cloud recesses for this year's lecture".

Meng Yao, " But Sect leader why me? "

Nie Mingjue, " You are quick witted and know how to deal with him. You can also use this time to relax from your duties ".

Meng Yao smiled and bowed, " Thank you Sect leader. I shall prepare to leave tomorrow".

' I can also use this opportunity to gain more pawns', he thought and left.