devante swing

Devante swing

Nia's POV

I went to my seat for the soul train awards. I was nominated for 2 awards. Best female R&B album and best female vocalist. I sat with my people's as I fixed up my dress waiting for the show to start. I was talking to my friend who was right next to me who came to accompany me. "Uh-oh" she says quickly looking to the side of me. "Hm?" I ask with a smile. "Here comes...you know who" she says and I quickly look behind me as Jodeci was walking in. I quickly turned around.

"Shit" I say to myself.

I ghosted Devante Swing after a one night stand. That morning after when I woke up in his arms I quickly gathered my clothes, put it on as I was about to leave having my hand on the door handle he said "why you leaving?" I turned around as he looked so hurt and then I left and never called again yet he did but I never answered.

Devantes POV:
I was laughing with Dalvin as I was walking in to the award show. "Oh damn we sitting next to Nia? Oh shit act cool when we about to sit down." K-ci says and I rub my shoulder uncomfortably.

I never told anyone I slept with Nia. That shit would be embarrassing. I treated her so well that night just for her to leave in the morning and never to call me back. I really really liked her. I never felt this way bout a girl. She just made me so happy. She is so beautiful but for now, no more industry chicks.

We sat down in our row as K-ci sat directly behind her. He leaned forward to whisper something in her ear. From the side of her I saw her giggle. I was already getting pissed but acted like I didn't care because the girl right next to me was checking me out.

The lights dimmed as the award show was about to begin. Finally.

Nias POV:
30 minutes later:

"And the winner for the best female vocalist is....NIA" the announcer says as I smile to get up to get my award. Everyone was clapping as I walked on stage. I go up to the microphone to say something and as I scanned the crowd while talking I saw Devante. Starring me down biting his lip.