Chapter 2: "Which idiot gave you my address???"

“Sweet heart…” A female voice rings in my head. “Wake up, breakfast’s ready.”

It’s probably one of the voices in my current dream. The dream’s a total mess. Gibberish words spin around, blotches of different colored paints splatter about and conversation extracts who don’t connect with each other pour into my ears. What the hell?

I want to change dreams when loud sounds of cymbals banging bring me to awareness. Then I roll to the ground by a foreign force. My ass lands first.

I’m going to teach the intruder a lesson for pushing the Dillon Everett off his bed. My nostrils flare up like a raging bull in a corrida. I flip my eyes open.

“Woke up?” I adjust my vision to the morning light and I freak. It’s her Everleigh!!!

“What the hell are you doing here!?” I demand, enraged.

“Made you breakfast.” Everleigh replies. “Oh and it’s already set on the table.”

“Which idiot gave you my address???”

“Oh right,” she slaps her forehead. “I was walking on the street after having shopped for groceries and I decided to inform you about my arrival. Then I tried several times to join you but failed. I-“

I laugh so hard. She actually thought that it was my real number! She also kept her offer.

“Why are you laughing?”

“ ‘Cause that’s not my real number!”

My supposed girlfriend frowns.

“It doesn’t matter. What really matters is that a kind girl named Shelley, who saw us arguing yesterday, approached me. She asked if I had a problem and I told her everything. After, your friend explained to me where you live.” The red head smiles.

Ugh, I’m going to kill Shell. I’m so assassinating her when we catch up with our friends later. My down-to-earth friend will regret her mistake forever. An evil grin forms on my lips.

“Do you need medication or something?” Everleigh glances at me, worried.

“What?”

“Never mind.” She shrugs off. “Get dressed. NOW!”

“Otherwise what?” I look at her teasing her.

Miss bossy warns me. “You don’t know what I’m capable of. Seriously, do you know how I even got inside? I picked your door with this bobby pin!” She withdraws the tiny thing out of her head.

Who is she in fact??? What I found out that she’s not normal. Better not creep on her nerves, a note to myself.

I grab my clothes and I gesture to Everleigh to go away. Although I have pretty good abs, she’s not going to stay watching me taking off my pajamas! She does and I get dressed.

I open the door and my nostrils are filled with delicious smells of crispy bacon, buttery scrambled eggs and scones? I sit and am fairly impressed by what stands before me. A hotel breakfast buffet!

“What are you staring at dumbly?” She worries. “Well, dig in!” I do as I’m told.

I stuff myself, my cheeks round and stuffed like a chipmunk. I just eat, eat, EAT. I lick my fingers when I’m finished and scrape off the tiny rests from plates. I stretch my arms, my belly full. I go straight to the front door and slip on my sandals.

“Don’t forget,” my dear “love” surprises me. “Lunch is at twelve. Don’t be late otherwise the consequences can be dire.”

Ooh I’m so terrified! I don’t listen and rush to the garage.