What if Peter Snapped

Rewrite: Morgan and The ghosts.

Peter knew what he had to do the moment he saw Mr Stark look at the stones.

"I am inevitable."

Peter panted as he held up his gloved hand, the power of the stones overwhelming him with pain. " And I. am. Peter Parker."

He couldn't bear to look at Mr Stark's horrified face. Nor could he look at all the other Avengers who were staring as the young, barely 15 year old, gave up his life for the universe.

Peter closed his eyes and remembered his aunt, friends and his mentor, Mr Stark. They all deserved better. They deserved to live their life to the fullest.

So he wished as hard as he could. He wished for his family, he wished for the universe. He wished to protect and avenge.

And so Thanos and his army turned to dust. Natasha, Vision and Loki; all came back. Peter Parker had wished to spread goodness, warmth and love. But there was a price to pay.

Peter Benjamin Parker had to lose his life. And his only regret was leaving his family.

The last thing he saw was a flash of blinding white and the devastated faces of Mr Stark, Ms Potts and Ms Romanoff.

And so, the world mourned.

___________________

Peter sat up on the battlefield, trying to process everything. Mr Stark, Thanos, he snapped... wait, he died! He looked down and shrieked, he was translucent!

"Oh, fuck. I'm a ghost."

"Mind your language, young man." He turned around to see a winged woman. She had brown hair, a slight Italian accent and an uncanny resemblance to Mr Stark.

"I-I'm sorry, ma'am. May I ask who you are? Are you an angel or something?" Everything hurt. His brain hurt, his body hurt and apparently ghosts were real.

"How polite. My name is Maria Stark, Anthony's mother. Or as you know him, Tony Stark. Come nipote, we will explain what happened to you." Peter stumbled after her and wondered who 'we' was.

"Uncle Ben!" 

He chuckled as Peter crashed into him. "Hey, Pete. Nice to see you too." Peter sobbed as he apologised for his uncle's death over and over again.

"Peter. That was not your fault and if it saves your life, I would die a hundred times over." Peter nodded as Ben wiped his tears away. "Now come, I have someone I want to meet."

And suddenly they were in an unfamiliar place, filled with winged angels. The first thing he noticed was that he wasn't in pain anymore.

"Peter," Uncle Ben started, "meet your parents."

His eyes widened as he came face to face with his parents. "Mom?! Dad?! Where are we?"

Mary kneeled in front of him, "Hi, sweetheart. Welcome to the land of the dead."

"Wait, do I get wings?!"

Then we stayed dead happily ever after...

Yeah, no. What would life be without Parker Luck™?