[ Chapter 38 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" Hello girl! " I laugh when the light brown mare walks around me excitingly.

I laugh as I try to calm her down while the sound of her rapid shoe is heard tapping on the ground and her nickering and neighing feeling her nudging my back repeatedly.

" I know!, I know I've been away for far too long! " I chuckle since I can't keep up with her spinning around me which made me a little dizzy.

I hug her neck and rub the side as she slowly calms and resting her head on my shoulder a little.

" There you go girl, it's been a while since we've ride together but, what do you think? " I asked, he nickers and excitingly goes around me, I chuckle.

" Alright, let's get you your saddle shall we? " I asked, she then walks away to where her saddle is hanging.

" She misses you dearly " I look over my shoulder and see pa wearing his leather apron.

I notice his height has increase.

" Is it just me or your getting taller? " I asked and he stands in front of me.

" It could be you getting shorter honey " he said then snicker.

" You bet, but I assume there's horseshit in your boots again cause I heard the twin devil laughing over there " I gesture my head to the corner.

He sigh.

" It's warm- "

" No " I shake my head and he nodded walking away.

I then hear loud neighing and whining as I turn to see the mare aggressively kicking the dirt.

" Okay!, Okay!, Calm down " I walk up to her and I pick up the saddle.

" Stay still please " I said and she kicks the ground lightly.

" Thank you " I put the saddle on.

I secure every buckle and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be, I hold her rein and she's very calm after I secure my helmet.

" What do you think, Ashki?, A run down the field with the others?, Ma said they practice riding down there everyday, do you want to join? " I asked, she neighs.

" I mean, they don't know I'm back, neither does Tessa and Alice " I said, she then starts getting impatient.

" Okay, let's go " I chuckle as I tug on her rein a little.

We walk out of the stables and I adjust my boots a little, it's been a while since I've wore this outfit especially now since it's winter. Stepping into on the snowy ground Ashki just follows me and she keeps nudging my shoulder.

" I know, Ashki, we have to wait until we go out of the fence and into the field, I've been gone for almost two years, don't tell me you forgot? " I look at her and she blows out air making snorting sounds.

I chuckle and have my arms under around her neck and rub her side.

" You have to be patient remember? " I asked, she then nudge me with her cheek, I chuckle.

" You know I miss them back at the firehouse already, I mean I left yesterday but I miss them " I said.

" Do you think it's a mistake? " I asked, she stays silent, I sigh.

" Of course you won't reply " I said and we arrive at the fence.

I unlock the bolt lock then walk her out as I keep holding her rein and close the fence back.