Chapter 8 | The Thomas household

"the elevator dinged"

" The display flashed 10 th floor "

Both Aditya and Selena walked out of the elevator, still supporting Selena and his right hand on Selena's waist , after she directed him towards the apartment.

The name board read " Thomas residence ".

Selena unlocked the door .

(Aditya)

I sensed something was wrong as I went inside Selena 's 2 bedroom apartment, it looked as if I got transported to a European airbnb, the entrance had gold light fixtures and teal coloured walls, the living room was spacious with a multicolour sofa set and a big tv screen surrounded by rainbow colour cordinated floating book shelves, there were two more rooms one was Selena's and the other was locked and when I asked her why was it locked , her face frowned with tension and she immediately changed the topic.

" Do you live alone? --- don't mind me but you have a beautiful place " I asked.

" Thanks for the compliment, and yes I live alone. " she said while making herself comfortable in one of the sofa after I helped her to sit.

" You should take medicine now otherwise your ankle will get more swollen".

" Shit" she said after slapping her right palm on her forehead .

" What happened is everything fine, is your ankle hurting too much " , immediately kneeled on the ground towards her.
"No, I mean my meds are in my room "

she tried to get up but i stopped her" You should sit here tell me where it is in the bedroom I will get it for you" .

" It's in the second drawer of the bedside table" there was a slight hesitation in her voice.

As I navigated to her bedroom, and turned the lights on , I got more confused why did she hesitate at first, I thought her room might be a mess but it was also squeaky clean as the living room after I opened the second drawer of the bedside table there were more than 10 yellow plastic containers each with different labels on them and all the bottles half empty.

One had " To recover from vomiting my guts " , the one that surprised me the most was " To live another worst day", after stumbling through a couple of oddly labeled pill containers I finally found the most relevant pill for her ankles the label made me chuckle " To reduce gorilla feet" .

Once I gave her the medication she seemed pleased and said" Thanks " .

" It's alright we're friends right we can do this for each other "

' wow' I never thought that i would propose friendship with Selena like that since my teenage years asking a girl out was so hard for me and even when I did, it came with more embarrassment rather doing any good although agastya was surrounded by girls , a girl never liked me as a person, I dealt with anorexia my whole life to the point of time I resembled a skeleton and I had a lot of body image issues, until I finally seeked help and became more comfortable in my skin.

" Yeah I guess we could be friends " Selena said with a sigh but something seemed off but I couldn't get around asking her but she cut my thoughts immediately " Do you want to drink or eat something , actually I am not so used to having guests so don't mind me".

" No, it's alright , actually I am just leaving do call me if you need anything ".

As I rose from the her couch and proceeded to leave she grabbed my wrist. " Actually aditya I was hoping that you stay for a while " It took me a second to process what she uttered , I couldn't believe. " What? "

" I mean if you leave I wouldn't be able to lock the door and I would like some company but I won't force you" still holding my hand I kept my other hand on her hand and sat beside her " Sure, I would love to".

" What do you wanna eat? " I asked, I couldn't process it in my head but I like it.

" Anything whatever you like"

" Pizza? " We both said in unison.

" Pizza it is " I confirmed, " What toppings? "; I asked while scrolling at my phone.

" Oh mushroom, onion, capsicum pizza with extra cheese " We jinxed.

Our eyes met each other and we laughed , this was the first time I ever heard her laughter and she looked beautiful.

" I guess we have very similar food choices " .

" Yeah " She replied.

" What do you wanna watch? " she looked at me while holding the tv remote. She opened her coat and that moved her hair towards her left shoulder revealing her long neck it was so hot.

" Whatever you wanna watch? " Then I pulled off my coat. I couldn't imagine we are getting so close.

" Do you wanna drink something?; and don't be shy I am offering as friends".

" I think I would like that".

Soon our pizza arrived and she told me that she kept alcohol in her fridge when I opened the refrigerator it was nearly empty with only alcohol that reeked the cool air coming out of the fridge.

At first I only speculated but now I confirm that there are more layers to Selena than I expected....