Chapter 15

"S-Stop it." You tell Childe, gently pushing away to create a distance between your bodies. He, who momentarily stops for a few seconds, lets out a hearty laugh before continuing to tickle your sides.

It all started when you came into his office, bringing him several paperwork from Ningguang that required his signature. He was elated, the map on his desk forgotten once he saw you. He gets up from his desk and approaches you, wrapping his hands around your waist to pull you into his arms.

"H-Hey! The papers!" With the pile steadily balance on one hand, you break free from his grip and place the papers on his desk. Now with the papers aside, Childe traps you in between his arms, caging you with his hands on both sides. Slowly, one of his hands starts to trail along your waist, slightly tickling you as you let out a laugh. He took notice of this and his lips tug upwards into a smug grin, and that's how it led to the present.

"S-Stop." Tears settle at the corner of your eyes and soon, they fall, staining your cheek. Childe finally takes this as a sign to stop, worried that he was overboard with his actions.

"Sorry," He apologizes, thumb gliding over your cheek to wipe away the streaked tear. "Did I hurt you?" Before you could even reply, he breathes out another "sorry".

Childe takes a step back, his eyes glossed with guilt. He, as a man with a built physique, knows that he is strong and the few years he spent training had increased his strength. He's aware that his strength can be overwhelming; hence, the reason why he was careful yet he couldn't think straight every time you were around. It was as if you put an enchanting spell on him, making him forget about anything but you.

You extend your hand out, gently cupping his cheek to make him face you. He eases into your hand, your warmth spreading like wildfire. Your eyes lock with his and you smile. "I trust you."

Childe's heart flutters as you said that. He swears he could hear the drumming of his heart and prays that you would be able to hear how crazy you make him feel.

He inches closer, pressing his forehead onto yours. Your noses brushing against each other and your lips almost but barely touching. "May I?"

Despite having kissed him once before, you were still nervous for the second. You get flustered, always have, and it's time to change that. You slowly nod your head, giving him your approval. With that, he closes the gap between your lips, planting a soft chaste kiss.

Once he pulls away, gaining a bit of distance from you, you hold onto the cross collar of his hanfu and pull him close. "Again." You shyly request, a tint of pink decorating your cheeks.

"As you wish, Princess."

Before he could place another kiss, a knock on the door interrupts your moment. The two quickly separate. Childe fixes his hanfu, straightening his cross collar while you, on the other hand, hid in the bathroom.

"State your name and business," Childe says.

"Ganyu. I have very important mails."

"Come in."

In a second, the door slides open, and in came Ganyu. She held a scroll in one hand and an envelope in the other. "I presume the princess dropped by?" She eyes the stack of paper on the corner of the desk.

"Yes," Childe replies.

"She was insistent in bringing these to you."

"Oh?" Childe raises his right brow, trying hard to keep a straight face as he takes the items from Ganyu's hands, but deep down, he felt giddy inside.

"I wish to not disturb you anymore as I've done my task. I'll take my leave now. A pleasant day to you, general."

As you hear the footsteps dissipating, you peek through the small gap between the door, making sure that Ganyu wasn't around anymore. Once the coast is clear, you emerge from your spot and approach Childe.

"What did Ganyu bring?" You ask, curious. In his hand, the envelope was addressed to him and the scroll to you.

"This belongs to you." Childe hands you the scroll then returns his attention to his envelope, quickly tearing the envelope open. His eyes scanned over the contents of the letter and his lips tugged upward into a smile. He then lets out a chuckle, prompting you to turn your attention to him than your scroll. You notice the smile on his face, curious about who could make him smile like that.

As Childe finished reading, he neatly folds the letter back into the envelope and sets it down. He turns to you, taking one of your hands in his. Nervous, he traces circles at the back of your palm, taking his time to compose his sentence.

"Childe?" You spoke softly, eyes filled with concern. "Is something the matter?"

"No, no." He shook his head, "Just a little nervous, I guess." He takes a huge breath, raising his head to meet your gaze. "I have a favor, actually..."

"What is it?"

"Come with me."

"Where to?"

"Home... my home in Snenzhnaya."