Chapter 18 | "youre on"

"Morning, Hyewon!" Jeno said with a wave as she walked up the driveway to their house. "Have a good night?"

"Yeah it was great, loved the little announcement by the way." She said, smiling at him. "I hope you don't mind but Kun is getting suspicious so he doesn't want me going out alone anymore...."

Jeno chuckled to himself as Lucas jogged up the driveway with a goofy smile on his face.

"It'll be fine, I'm sure Taeyong will understand." Jeno said with a nod as Lucas caught up to them. "Hey Lucas."

"Hey man, got room for one extra?" He asked.

"Of course, come on in."

Jeno led them inside, all the boys instantly perking up when Hyewon walked in. The dreamies literally converged on her, Jaemin and Mark having to physically pry Haechan off her arm.

"Ready for training, Hyewon?" Taeyong asked as he descended the stairs into the main room.

"Training?" Lucas exclaimed with wide eyes, the rest of the boys only then taking notice of her tall friend. "You fucking train with these guys? Is that why you've gotten so much stronger recently?"

"Who's this, Hyewon?" Taeyong asked with narrowed eyes, his gaze making Lucas gulp nervously.

"Kun wouldn't let me out by myself." She groaned. "This is my best friend, the one who I've been telling you about."

"The one who's been covering for you and stuff?" Taeyong asked, surveying him up and down.

"Yeah, he's the one, his name is Lucas." She said with a nod.

"Any weapons on him?"

"I told him he wouldn't be needing any."

"Well then, alright. I trust you two." He said, dipping his head to Jeno and her. "Let's all head to the training room."

With a smile, Hyewon nodded following behind the rest of the group with Jeno and Lucas.

- - -

"Damn, you guys are wild here." Lucas exclaimed as he watched Taeyong slam Doyoung into the mat in a matter of seconds, holding a knife to his throat before helping him up.

"Yeah that's why NCT is the best." Hyewon replied with a chuckle, seeing Doyoung give the leader a light shove. "They fight pretty lethal."

"Well we're trained to fight to kill and make it hurt" Mark said, sitting down next to them and passing over some bottles of water. "But if any of us lay even a finger on your bestie, mister muscles over there has a fit."

"Really?" Lucas asked as he watched Jeno and Sungchan face one another on the floor.

"Yeah, remember when I came home with a black eye and said it was because I tripped?" Hyewon asked, Lucas quickly nodding his head.

"I punched her in the face."

"What? You?" He asked in shock, turning to look at Jisung who was raising his hand with a guilty expression. "You're like a tall marshmallow."

"Yeah well I thought she was paying attention snd I assumed she was going to duck or block me but she was actually about to drink some water." The younger boy mumbled.

"And that marshmallow is strong as fuck and punches hard." Hyewon added, all the boys chuckling lightly.

"Yeah and then Jeno saw and threw him across the room." Renjun added, causing Lucas to laugh. "No, literally."

"Deadass?"

"Yeah. They were practicing on this end of the mat and Jeno grabbed Jisung's collar and flung him to that end of the mat."