003: THE PARTY

Marie Movie Magic: The first time I watched this movie, The Hitman's Bodyguard, I wanted to cry with laughter. The action-satire was actually what inspired this book and that line he says in this scene (I covered every kill shot, get it?) was the base for the book's title. I watched the second movie and was not disappointed.

"Uber for Angel?" A middle-aged black man spoke up from the driver's seat of his Honda

"Uber for Angel?" A middle-aged black man spoke up from the driver's seat of his Honda. His dark skin stood out against his perfectly trimmed beard and pearly white teeth. Suddenly, Angel felt grateful she looked cute in her mini dress and kitten heels.

She gave him a gentle smile as she nodded, entering the chilled car. The driver named Jackson looked at Angel through his rearview mirror, smiling back. He started his engine and drove towards the highway. The late evening sky was like a beautiful sight, the bright colours majestic. But, Angel could not truly enjoy it.

As she got dressed earlier, Sophie announced that she was quickly going to work, claiming she would be back in time to get dressed too. Then, when it came time to order the Uber, Sophie told Angel she would be driving herself down when she was done. Again, Angel, a complete idiot, said "Sure, see you there!" and asked no questions.

Like an idiot.

Due to the fact that Angel had not paid her phone bill for the past month, her ability to send and receive texts was cut short, so she could not bombard Sophie with texts.

"So... you're heading to the Hills, huh?" The driver asked, voice a low baritone, eyes peeking at Angel through the mirror.

Angel fluttered her mink lashes as she answered, "Yes, for a party."

All the driver did was raise a brow; parties in the hills were that crazy. Then he nodded and Angel felt the need to explain her decision.

"I'm not staying too long or anything and my friend is coming later on."

Ever since she had contacted Michael Harvey yesterday, Angel had just felt a terrible gut feeling about the party and the host in question. Even when she woke up, the looming dread and fear did not abate and actually grew worse.

"Are you sure you still wanna go?" Jackson asked in concern, noticing Angel's uneasy expression, "I can take you back. No charge."

Shaking her head, Angel gave him a nervous smile, "No, it's okay. I already told the host I was going to come. I don't want to be rude,"

Silence filled the car as it began its ascent up the brightly lit; yet dark hill. Then, Jackson hummed.

"I don't know, you remind me of my little sister," He noted and Angel's brows furrowed in confusion.

What does that have to do with me?

"She went to a party in the Hills alone, one fancy house like that, and got drugged. I thank God what they gave her wasn't too heavy because she was able to run away from the house the next day." Jackson explained as he drove, soft R&B music playing behind his voice.