○ Chapter 10 ○

- 1 week later - 

Naruto was staring at the ceiling, his left hand unconsciously rubbing his currently bandaged right one. ' Man, what a week it has been ' ,thought Naruto. In just a week of time, Naruto had managed to perfect the chidori along with his sensory capabilities being enhanced to that of the sharingan's level, while also successfully learning the Raikiri jutsu, able to use it only four times though as his hand was still adapting to the Raiton chakra. Chidori he could a number of times, but the Raikiri being more of a concentrated chakra jutsu, took a toll on him. 

Although Kakashi had told him that he himself had faced the same issues.

Kakashi, his sensei. Naruto for the first time in his life thanked Kami for something instead of cursing him. Kakashi had been almost like a father to him, not only treating him like a shinobi, but also at the same time treating him like every thirteen year old should be done. 

His whole team was currently at the bridge, protecting it. Naruto was told to stay behind by Kakashi as he had pulled almost an all nighter last night for perfecting the Raikiri. Also, Kakashi had in alone told him that he suspected Zabuza to attack either today or tomorrow, so he thought it would be better to leave someone behind to safeguard Tsunami and Inari.

Turning over, he remembered the first and the only conversation he had with the builder's grandson.

-- Flashback --

"What the hell" ,exclaimed Satsuki as she saw Naruto enter the house behind Kakashi. The whole company gasped, as his is right arm had visible scratches and burns on it. "What the hell happened" ,said Mito as she set down her rice bowl and rose from her seat to check on him. "Nothing, we were just practicing a jutsu" ,said Kakashi with his innocent eyesmile as Naruto dodged Mito, as he washed his hands and sat down in a chair away from Mito and Kushina, besides Kakashi.

It was an awkward silence as Kakashi tied some bandages on his hands after applying some bandages on it. "Umm do you want a bowl too" ,asked Tsunami shyly, breaking the tension and handing him a bowl. Naruto accepted the bowl with a nod. Opening his zip, he started eating the rice, savouring the flavour of the meal as a warrior would after a really long training session.

Suddenly, he heard a bang on the table. Looking sideways, he saw a small boy standing on his chair. "WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY" ,he screamed as Tazuna got up. "SIt down Inari, its rude to do so" ,said Tazuna as the boy named Inari just went on a rant. "NO!!!! Why do you all even try. All this training and stuff, why do you do it. Gato is just going to kill you all, no matter how hard you try. There are no such thing as heroes, SO DON"T TRY TO BE ONE"  ,screamed Inari finishing off his rant. 

As a pissed off Mito and Menma were just going to contradict his statement, slow clapping was heard. Turning their heads, they saw Naruto slowly clapping with a really bored look in his eye. 

"Over your rant,  pipsqueak" ,taunted Naruto as Inari fumed in rage and was just going to scream something back, when he found all his anger turning into fear as Naruto suddenly appeared in front of him, his mask only increasing the fear. Kushina tried getting up, but a look from Kakashi clearly made her sit down. Kakashi wanted to make Inari hear the truth about life, as he knew Naruto would make the right choice here.

"Now listen here, I don't give a damn about how you feel or are doing. But understand one thing, you have what every child could dream off, a loving mother and a caring grandfather, a roof over your head and food available 24/7. Try going out of this house for once, see people and children of your age begging and stealing so that they could atleast get a decent square meal for a day. Try appreciating what you have, as nothing is always permanent. If not, I do not want another wailing like this of your while I'm around, or else I'm gonna beat the manners into you that are clearly lacking. Understood" ,completed Naruto as Inari nodded fearfully.