Graduation

(NOT EDITED)

Mia's POV 

I walked down the staircase of the stage where I had just delivered my graduation speech and took a seat beside Rachel as the crowd applauded for me. It was Jake's turn so he went up the stage. 

"High school has made my life a living hell......yeah no joke! and has put me into a hell lot of problems and I could say that I hate waking up in the early mornings and leaving for school in shitty winters, stuttering to death while sitting in my calculus class and finding out that I am getting a detention for not completing my homework. In my defence, I hated calculus....I always have!But that would all be a lie......I mean, not the calculus part though, that was true!" Everone laughed at this part of Jake's graduation speech, including me. He looked so adorable up there. Before continuing, he looked at me and smirked. 

"Along with the problems, I feel like I have found a huge number of solutions for my problems as well. You can take high school-sweethearts as an example. People may think young love is immature and unsuccessful but need I tell you, screw people. They can't be more wrong. Today, I'll tell you all that I found my life in high-school. I found a girl who brought me back from my wasted,useless and suck-like state. She reminded me a meaning of life which I seemed to have forgotten long ago. I want to tell her that I know she had to walk through hell and back for me and I f**king appreciate it more than she can ever think but in the end it was her fault that she fell for someone who's sexy as hell." He pointed at his face and everyone laughed again. He locked his eyes with mine and I didn't make an effort to look away.....I didn't want to. 

"Mia Devlin, I want to tell you that I fell in love with you on the very day I hijacked you on the staircase and I'll love you just more each and every day of and after my life if that's only possible. On a side note, you looked hot as a furnace in your bad-ass glory on that first day we met. I always thought that real love only existed in movies but Mia gave me a whole new perspective. She proved me wrong and I'm glad she did. I'm glad she came back to me even after I was such an asshole! Uhh....Yeah I think I'm done now." He finished and let out a little laugh while all the others awed. When he came back from the stage I gave him a bone crushing hug while he kissed my cheek. 

One by one, everyone gave their speeches. Mike's speech was amazing. It started like:

"You can Google for an answer, you can Google for a mate. You can Google for a career but you can't Google to find out what's in your heart, the passion that lifts you skyward........." Nate came after him and talked about how you have to pretend to impress someone when you should really be yourself instead of faking. In the end of his speech, he added a quote of Steve Jobs:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other's people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice."

Mona told everyone about Daisy in her speech and I think it was the bravest thing she could have ever done. I mean I would've thought a million times before telling every single freaking person at school. After Mona, Rachel said that if we can't embrace change, we should atleast give it a hug once in a while. Rebecca, then talked about how you can't just stuff your dreams in a box just like you can't fit heels in a show box that s made for sneakers! Everyone found that hilarious even though Rebecca was dead serious.

Mark's speech was really inspirational and funny at that same time. He said:

"First of all I would like to thank Google, Wikipedia, Copy and Paste, Redbull and sex for making this possible." Everone burst out laughing before he continued.  He laughed along and then talked about how anything is possible for us if we really work hard to achieve it. He added two quotes. One was by J,K Rowling: "One of the many things I learned at the end of that Classics corridor down which I ventured at the age of 18, in search of something I could not then define, was this, written by the Greek author Plutarch: What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality."