Saying Goodbyes

Ending of the last chapter

"Hey, I've been wanting to tell you something since morning but ended up not telling you because I didn't want to ruin graduation for you." Jake blabbered as he pulled up his car in front of my house. 

"Go on......." I had a bad feeling about this!

"I'm going back to Rosenwood..............." He said and waited for my reaction which was complete and utter shock!

Mia's POV 

"What?! Why?!" I freaked out

"That was always the plan, I thought you knew. Mom and I only came here for my highschool." He said and I remembered how Aunt Lessie had mentioned that on the day I first met Jake. She had told mom that they would be staying here until Jake graduated and now he had which meant that he'd be freaking leaving now! Great, the good things always happen to me anyways don't they!?

"So you're just gonna leave then?" My voice suddenly got all croaky and I sounded like a frog was stuck in my throat!

"I've always wanted to go to university there." He said and suddenly I didn't feel depressed anymore. If this was what he wanted then I was happy for him.

"It's ok......I mean it's gonna be hard for me to adjust but I'll get used to it." I tried clearing my throat but it didn't work!

"I'm really sorry." He said and gave me a hug. Damn! He smelled so freaking good!

"Don't be. I don't want to crush your dreams. Besides, it's just a 2 hour drive to Rosenwood. I can visit sometime and you could come over whenever you want to." I suggested and he nodded. 

"When will you be leaving?" I asked with the same annoying croaky voice.

"Tomorrow......" He replied and I took a deep breath before getting out of the car. I had almost reached the entrance door when Jake called out to me. 

"Mia wait!" He called and I turned around to find him running towards me. Before I could say anything he pulled me close to him and crashed his lips on mine. I gave up on the speaking part and closed to eyes. His lips were so freaking talented! I let go after a while and looked into his eyes......those brown, mesmerizingly beautiful eyes that I couldn't get enough of!

"I promise I'll come visit on weekends." He whispered and his breath tingled on my neck. 

"I know you will." I whispered back and he smiled as I hugged him. He ran a hand down my back which sent shivers through my entire body! 

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said while letting go of me. 

"Ok..." I answered and watched him walk towards his car. I waved when he got in and went inside. 

Mom was sitting in the lounge and I threw my body next to her on the comfy white couch. 

"How's my baby?" She stroked my hair lovingly. 

"Good. Jake's leaving tomorrow." I told her as she continued stroking my hair. 

"Yeah Aunt Lessie told me. Are you ok?" She asked. 

"I wasn't at first but then I understood the fact how badly Jake wanted this so....." I replied. 

"You can visit him whenever you want as long as you keep track of your career. You'll have to apply for internships, this isn't highschool anymore." She said without loosing her sweet voice. 

"Yeah I know..." I realized that things were serious now. I had a career to focus on. 

"Draw some samples for me ok? And when you have enough experience, you can get a job with me." She said and I nodded.