Chapter 5

Everyone knew that Arnav Singh Raizada was a man of few words. He ran miles away from anything remotely to do with emotions. Consoling was not his forte. An awkward pat on the back was the most he could manage and it worked for him. That is why it was quite a surprise for NK and Aman to see the same man comforting Khushi like he had been doing it all his life. What they didn't know was that Mr Raizada wasn't the same ever since he had met a certain Ms Gupta.

'I've never seen ASR this way.' Aman gaped, keeping his eyes on the couple lest it turns out his wild imagination. As far as he knew, ASR was single after breaking up with Lavanya. He was on a business trip when he had heard the gossips about ASR vs. Chamkeeli going around the office. He had obviously refused to believe that ASR would let a mere employee challenge him to that extent. He saw Arnav adjusting Khushi's pillow and instantly knew why. Arnav Singh Raizada wasn't just besotted, he was in freaking love.

'I know. They have a weird love-hate relationship.' NK added, seemingly less surprised having the chance to observe them from the past few days. He now knew why Nannav looked like he would kill him with his glare whenever he flirted with Khushi ji.

'I don't want him hurt in the end.' Aman professed. Although a softie ASR was a treat to watch, Aman simply didn't want his friend to go through the torture of trusting someone outside his family for the first time. Why would anyone accuse someone without a reason and above all, why would ASR believe her? He just wished the private investigator would hurry up.

'You're quite protective of Nannav, aren't you?' NK asked turning towards the ever famous Aman, who was discussed quite often in their home. He smiled at the speculative gaze of Aman that shifted between Nannav and Khushi ji without bothering to reply to him and advised. 'Relax. 2 minutes with Khushi ji and you'll see that she can never do something like this.'

**********

NK and Aman came back to the penthouse with some dinner and Arnav's medication. The atmosphere was sombre, each one of them quietly eating with a thousand questions revolving in their heads. NK had brought Hari Prakash's wife, Rekha, with him so she could take care of Khushi for a while and Arnav could rest.

'Dude, Aman knew even the brand of your medicines.' NK commented trying to lighten the tense environment making both of the guys look at him strangely. When both of them shrugged non-committedly like it was somewhat of a daily occurrence, NK decided to take it up a notch. 'I thought maybe Aman has a crush on you.'

Whereas Arnav just uttered a what the and rolled at his eyes at NK's drama, Aman choked on the water. His face turned red and he tried to breathe simultaneously sputtering an explanation on how ASR and he were just friends and nothing else. NK burst out laughing and Arnav couldn't help but a small smile sneak through his lips. He was thankful for having these two with him. His head would've exploded by now if not for them. He knew he could count on them.

'What's the status at home?' Arnav inquired.

'Shyam came home and blamed Khushi ji. Almost everyone believes him.' NK disclosed trying to keep the hate he felt for the man at bay. He wanted to spare Arnav the details of what was happening at Shantivan. Everyone was consoling an almost hysterical Anjali who was hell-bent on cursing Khushi for her broken home. Shyam had finally shown up and told them about his side of the story putting the blame on Khushi. He revealed how Khushi was after him to get her a job, solve Bua ji's pension case, asking for money, and constantly trying to get close to him citing her father's illness as an excuse. Shyam went on stating that Khushi had called him up on the terrace and confessed how much she loved him, forcefully hugging him and stating that if he loved her, he should leave Anjali. NK was horrified to see that almost everyone believed that Khushi was the one seducing Shyam. Only Nani seemed to be sceptical. NK's blood boiled and he couldn't even imagine the torture Khushi ji was going through hearing this utter crap.

'And Di?' Arnav asked warily. His heart hurt knowing how distressed his sister must be. He had taken Khushi's side but that didn't mean that he wasn't worried about Di. He had also noticed how NK had addressed Shyam by his name instead of jiju and knew that NK wasn't telling the entire story. When he saw NK shaking his head sadly and patting his back, he knew that whatever they had faced till now was a cakewalk to what they will be facing in the future.

'If she's not involved with Shyam...' Aman stopped when both, Arnav and NK, scowled at him.

'Cut it out, Aman. You know I pack a good punch.' Arnav warned.

'Aman, are you jealous of Khushi ji?' NK asked looking at Aman's stupefied expression. He had to purse his lips to contain his laughter. Aman did look like a jealous girlfriend.

'Shut up NK!' 'Shut up NK!' Both Arnav and Aman spoke at the same time.

'Freaking soulmates.' NK muttered under his breath.

'She had finger marks around her arm. Does that look like a love affair to you?' Arnav berated running a frustrated hand through his hair. When he had looked at the bruises around her arms, he had seen red. He was ashamed of himself for putting her through the same torture a number of times. Knowing that his sister couldn't have such a strong grip and the way Khushi was scared repeatedly telling him that Shyam came after her, it screamed only one thing: harassment. He wanted to go back, grab that man by the collar, and just kill him for even thinking of hurting Khushi. And now, he had just convinced his entire family of his innocence and put the blame on Khushi.

'FUCK!' Arnav's patience finally broke and so did the glasses kept on the table.