No More Burning Breakfast

A/N: my first Nat fanfic EVER AHHHH! Hello lovelies, please keep in mind this is my first attempt at writing her and is pretty much unedited so go easy on me. I'd love to hear any feedback and comments you all have! I mostly write on tumblr so feel free to follow me on there @blackxwidowsxwife and I will be taking my one shots from there to upload here as I continue to write them! pls enjoy :)

You hummed contentedly as you approached the metal door of the trailer, shifting the paper bag full of pastries from your right hand to your left to be able to place the key in the lock. Calm mornings like this one were always your favorite, and they weren't hard to come by as you and Natasha found yourselves with more and more free time when you'd been peacefully tucked away in the countryside of Norway. The circumstances of your seclusion may have been forced but the peaceful moments it brought along with it were something you secretly savored.

You'd never seen this much of Natasha before, she was usually away on missions for months at a time and your time together was sparse, only managing to steal brief but intimate moments together in the compound before she packed up and left another mission again. It was a simple occupational hazard you often found yourself rationalizing, one that tested the strength of your relationship multiple times. One the two of you hadn't been faced with ever since the Avengers had an impromptu break up and became wanted war criminals though.

Now all your time was spent together, holed up in the safe house Natasha found through an old friend. Stressful nights contemplating the lives you'd left behind slowly morphed into quiet mornings just the two of you spent curled up in bed watching movies as the weeks passed by and no trouble reared its ugly head.

Around this time in the morning you usually made Natasha and yourself breakfast, you quickly realized your girlfriend wasn't the best cook in the first few weeks you'd spent together, and took on the role yourself happily if not for your own concern for your health. You weren't the most amazing chef but you had a few tricks up your sleeves. And as tedious as getting up to make breakfast every morning was, you'd be lying if you said you didn't love the domesticity of it all..

Still, as the days went by it began to feel a bit like a routine and you felt a longing desire to break up the monotony. So today you decided to surprise your lover with something sweet, slipping out of bed without managing to wake up your super spy (which came as a huge surprise to you) and driving into town to pick up sugary confections from a small bakery to express your affections for the redhead.

You smiled to yourself anticipating the look on her face when you presented her with an assortment of her favorite treats before turning the key in the lock and stepping into the safety of the home away from home you two had made. You were greeted with the smell of something burning as you shrugged off your jacket and let your eyes take in the view in front of you. There in all her glory Natasha was dancing gracefully in front of the stove, draped in an oversized t-shirt and underwear. Forcefully stirring a concoction in the pan while her lower half swayed to the music that was evidently playing in her headphones. You admired her form for a moment and chuckled lowly to yourself as you took the opportunity to sneak up behind her.

"Boo!" you giggled out while placing your free hand on her waist.

Big mistake.

Natasha quickly spun around swinging her leg around to sweep yours out from under you, while simultaneously grabbing your wrist from her waist and bending it at an awkward angle.

"Oh my god!"

"Oh my god!"

You both shouted out at the same time for different reasons, though yours escaped your lips more as a whimper