Chapter Five

Here comes trouble

Immy's POV 

It's our first day of school.

I was hella nervous.

Julie and I were geting ready for the day, the sun was shining and it looked beautiful outside. I decided on a plain pair of blue wide leg jeans and an a white oversized graphic top I stole from Jeremy. I tucked it into my jeans so I didn't look too slobbish and left my hair to fall down my back. 

Connie decided to meet Charlie and some of the other ducks for a skate around campus before our welcoming assembly, but Julie and I decided to take it easy.

Kenny, Julie, Mendoza, Cowboy, Russ and I were all walking towards the hall.

"You know, I think this place is running pretty low on the brothers quotient." Russ said,

"Hey, I wanna know who this new coach Orion is. My dad said if I didn't like him I could come right home." Julie piped in,

I found out yesterday from Julie and Connie that Bombay wasn't coaching us here like we so thought. He's been elected as director of player personal at the JGWGs.

Charlie wasn't happy at all.

But I can understand why, Coach was the closest thing he had to a father figure.

And now he's gone too.

I felt bad. 

I'll have to give him a hug later.

"That's nice. My Dad said I better stay in on scholarship or he'd whip my butt." Russ explained and I couldn't help but giggle,

"I heard in the dorm that the guy played for the Minnesota North Stars, but got suspended for punching his coach!" Mendoza gossiped.

Cowboy shook his head, "You mean the Dallas stars, I heard he punched out a fan."

"I heard he was a buddhist, you know like Kung Fu or Richard Gere," Julie said,

Oh the magic of gossip.

"King Fu wasn't a buddhist. He was a Trappist Monk." Kenny corrected,

"Are you talking about the old Kung Fu, or the Further Adventures of the New Kung Fu?" Russ joked, 

"Ya'll watch too much TV," Cowboy said, rolling his eyes.

"Shit, it's the safest thing to do in my neighbourhood," Russ said while stopping to check the bulletin board. 

I pulled him along, "Come on we need to find good seats before they're all taken,"

We eventually found the hall and managed to snag a row of seats a few rows from the front, but inconveniently in front of a group of intimidating seniors. 

We wait for the assembly to start patiently, minding our own business until a voice pipes in from behind us,

"Hey you know what, you ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall," Some boy sneers,

I turn around and see the voice belongs to a brown haired boy, 

"Excuse me?" I question back just as vicious, daring him to continue.

"Hey, easy Immy, they probably just think we're someone else," Cowboy tries to sooth me, but this boy just insulted my team, and I'm not letting it go lightly.

Cowboy reaches his arm over me and the the boys behind us, "Hi! I'm Dwayne. We're the new hockey team, and you are?" 

This boy is too polite for his own good.