Chapter Seven

To say that was the most miserable training session I've ever had would be an understatement. 

"I can't feel my fucking legs," I wheeze as I fall into the locker room, Connie collapsing behind me.

"Someone get me a shovel and bury me right here," Goldberg grunts as he goes to lay on one of the benches.

Charlie marches in with a sour look on his face, 

"I'll teach you to play like what?! It begins with a W," he mocks

"Wussies?" Averman answers,

Charlie turns to all of us, 

"That's right. Wussies on offence and defence!" He cheers as he points to me.

Really? 

I roll my eyes at him. 

You know if he's not careful Coach may hear him-

"Eden Hall Academy requires you to maintain a C average to compete." Coach Carter announces as he struts into the locker room. 

Our eyes widen as we hold our breaths and straighten our backs. It kinda feels like he's our army general and we are his 'wussie' soldiers.

"That's decent I guess," Adam says from beside me,

I turn to him and nod in agreement, before of course I notice the thin sheen of sweat covering his face and his soaked hair sitting messily on his head. I feel my heart beat a little quicker at how close he is.

He looks so hot right now...

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Coaches monologue,

"I believe that's a bad rule. I don't want any C players on my team. I want B's or better. Or you're gonna be riding the pine pony." He states while pining a white sheet of paper to the pin board.

The smiles vanish from most of our faces. 

For me personally I've always been quite studious so I'm not too worried. But that's still a bit of pressure considering this is a very high academic achieving school. What if their B's are what my A+ used to be at my old school?

"Now, you've got 15 minutes after each practice to clear this locker room. You got homework to do." Coach says smugly, 

"Oh, and one more thing. Stay clear of the Varsity team until we play them in the JV - Varsity showdown. You got that?" He says with a stern look on his face, like a father talking to a disobedient child after they had a cookie past bed time.

It's a bit late for that I think. Varsity is well and truely on our radar that's for sure.

"15 minutes? Man I cannot move." Russ complains,

"Hey guys look! He posted our positions!" Connie says smiling,

Where that girl has the energy to speak let alone smile is beyond me right now.

We all gather around the board, Adam standing very close behind me. I feel his hand on my waist as he leans over me to look for his name. 

I suddenly forget how to read.

Mannn his hands feel so nice. Can he just keep him there forever? 

I shake the butterflies away and look for my name.

"I don't believe this. I play left side not right," Fulton shakes his head in disappointment.

 "And there I am in left when I'm usually right," I sigh