𝘖𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 ( 𝘑𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘦𝘯̃𝘢 )

A/N: 𝘚𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘑𝘢𝘷𝘪 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.
||

I almost can't breathe.

My heart beat quickens, and my head draws wonders. I understand now, why the board was so reluctant to share my partner's file. It's because it's his file, and my ties with a certain board member have worked against me.

Nowadays there usually aren't secrets being kept in the workplace, especially in a business like this. To keep a secret is equal to being suspicious, as if you're working for the other side or leaking intel to be dramatic. I myself stick to word of my boss, remain under the radar and stay on the good sides of the upper management. Call me what you will for that, but I have my reasons. And I figure they'd be just as good as yours.

I haven't really heard much of anything on why I'm actually going to Colombia. Or why I'm working with my ex lover. Or why it was so sudden. All I know is that is has something to do with a psychotic drug lord that practically has the nation eating out of the palm of his hand. At least with everything going on in Colombia that's what I heard from Javi a few years back. You should have seen the way he talked of his work. I don't think I've ever seen a man more in love with his livelihood, and I couldn't understand why he loved it so much, but it was in the way he spoke of Colombia that helped me to understand.

I continue to pack my suitcase as I stare at the Manila folder that lays on my dresser. When it was handed to me this morning I was reluctant to look at it, and still am. The fantasy of what he may look like skips through my head: That same mustache, just a little scruffier. The same unkept chocolate locks. Brown eyes, and a broa-

Jesus, get a grip. I drop the folded shirt into my suitcase and pinch the bridge of my nose with my eyes closed. Just pretend like nothing ever happened. Like you're meeting for the first time, and he'll have to play along to avoid damage to his image.

A sigh escapes my lips. If only it were that easy. If only our past life hadn't become my reality, my responsibility. With my suitcase packed and ready to go, I lay warmly in bed, soon drifting off into sleep worrying of what tomorrow will bring.

||

I'm almost panting like a fucking dog.

Damn it, is it always this hot? I figured Colombia would be warm, but fuck this is a few degrees above boiling and I haven't even left the airport yet. Lugging my suitcase behind me, I stop by the restrooms to freshen up and change into a fresh pair of professional clothing. I opt for a long sleeved green chiffon blouse, a black pencil skirt and a pair of stilettos to tie it all together.

Leaving the restroom I make my way down to unclaimed baggage to find the government car that was sent. Bruno is the man's name, and he catches my eye with a sweet smile. "You're the doctor I propose?" He takes my suitcase in hand, and I respond in kind.

"Doctor Castillo, it's a pleasure." I introduce myself and we shake hands. We waste no time, and after five minutes of walking, we're both safely in the car with the AC blasting.

A thirty minute ride was all it was, a very a beautiful one at that. With the car stopped, Bruno shares that my suitcase will be dropped off at my apartment down the street, and that I'm wanted to get straight to work. On what? I ask myself. What does the DEA need from a psychologist? It's no secret how different the businesses are which is why it was such a shock to hear from the board that I'm needed. But like I said I stick to the word I'm given, and simply do what is asked of me.