Chapter 1

Casey and I always had movie night every other Wednesday, because we both loved to watch horror movies. Today it was her turn to pick which movie we would watch while I made the popcorn. I stood by the stove getting it ready, while Casey was looking through her movie bin.

   " How about Halloween?" She asked.

   " We watched that last time it was your turn to pick!" I complained.

   " I know but it's just so good! I'm gonna go put it in." Casey said while walking away.

   I shook the popcorn to make sure all the pieces would be evenly popped when the phone started to ring. I looked at the living room and yelled,

" Casey, phone!"

" I got it!" I could hear Casey talking to the person on the phone but couldn't make out the words. She looks kind of frustrated when she came into the kitchen after hanging up.

"Who was it?"

" It was just a wrong number from some guy."

I nod my head in response and look through the cabinets for a rag to take the popcorn off the oven when the phone rings again. Casey reaches for it and asks 'hello' in a frustrated voice. I set the rag on the counter and walked into the living room to see what Casey was saying. When she saw that I had come in, she held the phone out to me and said,

" Talk to the random man on the line, will you? I have to take a pee." You laughed as she walked toward the downstairs bathroom.

" Hello, random man?" There was complete silence.

"Hello?" You try again. Theres a small pause before the man replied,

" What happened to the other girl?"

" She had to take a pee. Why?"  He laughed a little, sending a warm feeling to your chest, and ignored your question.

" What's your name?"

"Why do you want to know? Is this the same guy from earlier?"

"You ask so many questions," he teased. " Do you like scary movies?"

" How about you answer one of my questions and I'll answer one of yours."There was a hesitation before he answered.

"Ok."

"Why do you want to know where... my friend went" I almost told  him Casey's name.

" I want to talk to her."

" Why?"

" No no no, I answered one of your questions now you answer one of mine." I could hear his smile.

" Okay fine," I said while sitting on the couch.

" Do you like scary movies?" He asked in a more deep, scary voice.

" Yeah, thats actually why I'm here. Me and my friend spend the night every other Wednesday and watch horror movies together.  My favorite is, Nightmare on Elm Street cause Johnny Depp is so hot." I could hear faint laughter in the background again. Casey came back into the room and pointed to the phone, signaling for you to hang up before going to get blankets from the guest bedroom.

" Okay, I have to go now so have a nice night."

"Wait I thought we were having a good time." The corners of my mouth raised a little.

"I'm sorry but I have to go watch a movie with my friend."

"At least anwser one more question." The deep voice proposed.