Chapter 6

You slowly opened your eyes with the sun on your face. You were laying on your side and went to move your arm to rub your eyes, but you couldn't. You looked down and saw a strong arm wrapped around your waist holding your arm down. You looked behind you and saw Stu fast asleep holding you tightly. 

   You signed and slowly took his arm off you, sat up and looked back at Stu. You've never seen him so at peace and relaxed. You slowly leaned down and shook his shoulder gently, not wanting to hurt him.

   "Stu you need to wake up." He slowly opened his eyes and seemed a bit confused at first. But when his eyes landed on you, his faced relaxed again and a huge smile came onto his face. 

   "Hey baby," He said with a very raspy morning voice. You smiled back at him before getting up to get your clothes. You were used to his nicknames by now. Seemed as if the entire time the two of you new each other he had called you something other than your real name. 

   "I'll drive you to school today as a thank you." You heard him say while you were the bathroom. "Sounds good!" You called back.

                                                                    ...

   The two of you got to school and once again you were surrounded by reporters.

   "Y/n did you have anything to do with your friends attack?"

   "Y/n do you feel like the attacker is targeting people you love?"

   "Y/n!"

   "Mrs. L/n!"

   Finally Stu pushed you behind him and tried to cover as much of you as he could. He took your wrist in his hand and pulled you through the group of reporters, while pushing them aside. Without realizing, you moved your hand so the two of your hands would be intertwined. The two of you finally got into the school and he turned around to face you. You were looking at the ground as people were walking around the two of you whispering your name.  

   Stu lifted your chin with his finger so you would be looking up at him. "You're safe here." And for some stupid teenager reason, you believe him. Cause stupid Stu Macher new just how to make you feel safe.

   You did NOT want to go to class because you new damn well there would be more whispering. Stu must've seen this on your face because he pulled you into a hug and whispered in your ear,

   "You don't have to go to class if you don't want to. I'll stay with you." You simply shook your head against his chest and rapped your arms around him. 

   "You skip school enough as it is. Plus it would probably look bad if I did." His arms around your waist squeezed tighter and he rested his head on yours.

   "You know I'd do anything for my girl." 

   You laughed, "Your to good to me Stu Macher." You both heard footsteps and you could feel Stu's head turn to see who it was. It was almost like he had seen Casey and her guts walking down the hallway because you have never seen Stu let go of you, push you gently away from him, and lean against the locker. You've never seen him go so fast in your life.

   You looked over to see who it was, expecting to see a teacher or maybe Tatum but it was Billy. Why the hell would Stu react that way to Billy?  He walked over to the two of you, not letting his eyes off Stu. He looked...almost mad. 

   When he stopped walking, you took a step away remembering what happened last night. You stood there in silence as the two boys simply stared at each other, communicating with their eyes. Without looking away from Stu, Billy asked you a question you didn't want to hear.

   "Can I talk to you for a sec y/n...alone." 

   You hesitated and in that moment, Billy broke his stare with Stu and looked at you. You both made eye contact and that's when the wave of stupidity hit you. Why on earth would you think your Billy would ever try to hurt his girlfriend.

   But before you could say yes, a guy dressed in that same stupid costume that killed one of your best friends, and tried to kill your friend last night, came and screamed in your face. You didn't scream or gasp or do anything, you just stared into the two dark holes it had for eyes. Then you watched him run down the hall as he screamed at more people.

   Stu started to laugh and said something about Christmas but you didn't hear him. You were still watching the guy run down the hall way with an expressionless face.  Billy smacked him, "You open your mouth and stupid comes out."

   "I gotta go to class." You said still looking down the hall even though whoever was dressed up wasn't there anymore. Before the other two could say anything, you had already left.