Revealed

"Spots off." My eyes squeezed shut out of habit as a red glow appeared in front of my closed eyes and I heard her giggle. My eyes wanted to open so bad but after so long of resisting finding out, it was hard to ignore that habit now. Besides, maybe there was something wrong.

  Certainly seemed that way.

  "Um, M'Lady, are you alright?" I asked, sure there was something wrong if she wanted to reveal her identity to me. I felt hands cup my face and I was tempted to look, which made me squeeze my eyes shut tighter.

  "It's alright, Kitty. I'm ready. I'm sorry you had to wait for so long." I felt her stroke my cheek as I cracked my eyes open. When I saw the face smiling up at me, my eyes widened. I felt my heart speed up as I looked into her sparkling eyes.

  "M-Marinette?" I asked, incredulously. She giggled adorably and nodded her head. I laughed in delight and picked her up, spinning her around. She squealed in surprise and I began to laugh, filled with so much joy.

  "Put me down, you silly Kitty, before you drop me off the side." She laughed. I doubted I'd ever do that but I set her down so I could hug her.

  "I'm so happy it's you." I told her, holding her tight.

  "Really? You're not disappointed?" I held her at arms length and looked at her like she was crazy.

  Which she was, but I don't think I was supposed to say that.

  "You're kidding, right?" I ask. She shakes her head, brushing her hair behind her ear nervously. "Marinette, I hoped it was you ever since Plagg stole the cheese from Miss Mendaleiv! Before that, even! I dismissed the notion at first, especially when I saw you as Multimouse but it just made so much sense. The two girls I was in love with... being the same person." I told her, linking my fingers with hers.

  She stared up at me, surprised, as I gazed down at her lovingly. How could I have not guessed it was her before? Of course the two perfect girls were one and the same. In truth, I always knew she was special to me but my love for Ladybug always blocked that out.

  "I... I want to know, if that's okay with you?" She asks, timidly, turning away. I frown at her.

  "Know what?" She giggles and rolls her eyes at me.

  "Your identity, silly! Only of you want to, though." She added, shyly. Same old Marinette. I smiled down at her and wrapped my arms around her, holding her against me. I felt her lean against my chest and I sighed in content, closing my eyes.

  "Claws in." I said, gently. A green glow surrounded me as my suit disappeared and left regular Adrien Agreste in Chat Noir's place. I heard her suck in a breath.

  "A-Adrien?!" Marinette asked, surprised. I laughed, pulling away enough to look down at her shocked face. She was looking at me with her eyes wide and it made me smile.

  "How'd you know it was me?" I chuckled.

  "Y-your cologne." She replied, blushing, and I burst out laughing at the ridiculous answer.

  "When did you memorize my smell?" I asked and she blushed even harder. My eyes widen at her reaction and I stroked her cheek gently. "Me? You're in love with me?" I asked softly, not believing my luck. She nodded and I wrapped her in an embrace, never wanting to let her go.

  "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was afraid you would reject me-"

  "Unfortunately, you were right." I said, solemnly, hanging my head. "I'm so glad you didn't tell me before."

  "W-what do you mean?" She stutters, sounding scared.

  "I would have made an absolute fool of myself rejecting you for you, M'Ladynette." I said, looking up and winking at her. She burst out laughing and swatted my chest.

  "Silly Kitty." She giggled. I didn't know how much longer I could just stand here so I leaned in and her laughter stopped abruptly. I glanced down at her soft lips before gazing into her lovely bluebell eyes. The same eyes I fell in love with, all that time ago.

  "May I kiss you, Marinette?" She stared at me before smiling softly and nodding her head ever so gently. I smiled and leaned down, taking her hands in mine and finally, finally, kissing her. It was sweet and gentle, like her.

  This kiss wouldn't be like the others. The ones we shared because she was saving me, or the ones we forgot, or the ones where we didn't know each other's identity. All those kisses didn't really mean much since we weren't ourselves when they happened.

  This kiss was the first of many (that I knew of) that we would share because we knew we loved each other and that nothing would change that. I let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her waist as she raised her arms and placed her hands on my chest.

  My love, my life... my Lady.

  We stayed on the roof for a bit longer, sitting on the edge, arms around each other, watching the sun rise higher in the sky. Too soon, it seemed, it was time to leave so that we'd make it back in time for school. We both transformed and waved goodbye. I knew the only way I was able to leave was because I knew I'd see her again soon.

  I made it back to my house and detransformed. I fed Plagg and, since I had already gotten myself ready for the day, I pulled out my phone, grinning cheekily and sent a message to my Princess.

  She loved him, he loved her
  You'd think it would be simpler
  Rejecting the other for each other
  Loving themselves as another
  -Prince

  You're a poet, model and jokester? Quite talented, I must admit. -Princess

  I must admit I'm feline meownly without you, Princess. May I pick you up for school? -Prince

  You know I live basically across the street from the school, right? -Princess

  Yet, you're always late. Hmm...-Prince

  Haha, very funny. I'll be ready in about fifteen minutes. -Princess

  I'll be there. -Prince

  Grinning, I put my phone away and went downstairs to eat before picking up my Princess. As usual, there was barely anything on my plate aside from a couple pieces of sliced fruit and some toast. I sighed and ate it all quickly, wanting to get out of the house ASAP.

  After I finished eating, which didn't take long at all, as usual, I stood up, leaving my plate for Nathalie to take care of and grabbed my bag, walking into the main hall. I found Nathalie and Gorilla waiting for me.

  "You have a photo shoot later this afternoon after fencing practice, Adrien. After that, your father would like you to practice your piano for two hours before dinner." Nathalie finished, tucking her tablet under her arm. "Have a good day at school."

  I nodded, tired of the day being so basic, and waved goodbye as Gorilla walked with me out the front door. We made our way to the car and Gorilla opened the door for me, closing it behind me after I climbed in.

  "Do you mind if we pick up my friend Marinette today? She's usually late and I wanted to help her." I said as Gorilla climbed in. I watched him nod and I strapped myself in, excited at the prospect of riding to school with my Princess.

  I was glad I had Nathalie and Gorilla. I didn't know what I'd do without them. Nathalie, I knew, cared a lot for me, as did Gorilla. Despite them working for my father, they were like family to me, always there when I needed them.

  I sighed and rested my head on my hand, elbow on the side of the door. I gazed out the window as we drove to Marinette's to pick her up. I began thinking about her and a smile spread across my face as I looked back at moments we shared, thinking about everything through the filter of truth.