24.

Location: The Block Party

Date: August 15th

Aubani Inara Gray

"Munchie"

"So you can't say shit beause your boyfriend here" Kory continued

Mell's leg started shaking so I got up ready to pull him to the car knowing he was getting mad

"Kory stop. don't do this here " Jayla said

"no she tryna act funny for this bitch ass nigga. She dubbed me for his ass, he don't even know how to treat females never had a mother to show him"

With that Mell turned around and punched Kory directly in his nose making him stumble backwards holding his bloody nose. All you heard was ouuus and ohhhs from instigators surrounding us.

I moved back because I was not about to get hit

Kory went to swing at Mell but Ayden and Tremoni grabbed him holding him back

"Nah he so tough let me get him" Kory yelled

"nigga, we holding you back for your sake not his" Tremoni laughed

I grabbed Mell's hand and pulled him away from the scene.

We walked over to where the coolers were to get him some water and I seen Kory walk off I guess he was leaving.

"you good" Mell asked

"yea, you ready to leave?" I asked

"yea"

We walked back over to where the rest of them were and said our goodbyes.

Omniscient

As they walked around the corner they weren't aware that Kory was trailing behind them in his car.

Kory was was sentenced to 10 years and 2 years in the psych ward. They had tested him and determined that he was well aware of the crime he was committing. His parents were shocked they thought their money would get him out of trouble but they were forgetting he was still a black young man and that's all he would be in the eyes of the law. He had two last days at home and he figured he had nothing to lose so he would take revenge on those who he believed got him in this predicament.

"When we get back I wanna have a lil sex" Aubani said smiling up at Mell as they walked

"that's all you wanna do. I feel used"

"yea yea like you don't enjoy it"

"nah it's immaculate by far the best I've ever had but before the sex I still was in love with you"

"aweee" Aubani smiled brightly

As they rounded the corner Kory sped up and stopped ahead of them causing his tires to shriek

They both looked up and Aubani made eye contact with Kory

Almost on instinct she jumped in front of Mell hoping to push him out the way as Kory let out 30 shots from his automatic firearm speeding off shortly after.

30 shots rung out causing people from the party to scatter running around and people in the surrounding buildings to look out their window.

Mell was in shock, he sat on the concrete next to her holding what appeared to be her lifeless body rocking as tears dropped from his eyes

Jayla, Ayden and others from the party ran seeing the scene that lay in front of them

"Omg Aubaniii" Jayla screamed collapsing to the floor

"somebody call the police" Ayden screamed going over to Mell and Aubani to try to see if he could apply pressure to her wounds

Mell simply had blacked out by now. All he could hear was the replay of the gunshots ringing out, the sirens approaching and the image of the love of his life's lifeless body laying on the ground.

At the Hospital

"It's my fault" Jayla said "she didn't want to go and I made her come"

"Don't blame yourself sweetie you didn't know what was going to happen, nobody could've known" Erica, Aubani's mom said trying to comfort her

She was scared but she and her husband believed that staying positive during tough times was most beneficial

Hearing those words Mell got up and walked out. "Nobody could've known" but he did. He just had the intuition that something bad was gonna happen and it did, worst than he imagined. He should've told her to stay home, he shouldn't of got into it with Kory  and he shouldn't of let her push him out the way.

"you think she'll be good" Alex came out after him

Mell was about to say no but realized who he was talking to. Alex was probably the only one hurting more than him. Aubani was his last blood relative and losing her would do a lot of damage.

"you know she a fighter. We just got to wait it out lil bro" Mell said pulling him into a hug

Meanwhile

[TW: suicide!!!]

Kory sat in his bathroom looking in the mirror disgusted with himself. He didn't know what was wrong and why he began doing the things he was doing but he couldn't control it. Things hadn't gone as planned once again. He was supposed to get Mell  but ended up getting Aubani. Yea he felt as if she hurt him but he didn't want to kill her. Looking past everything she was a good friend and always there when he needed her, Now he might've just ended her life and he knew he couldn't live with that.

In his short time here he lived a good life and maybe by doing this he believed he would get a second chance meeting Aubani up in heaven.

He counted down from 10 placing the trigger under his chin firing one shot into his head

"omg what was that KORYYY"

His mom rushed to his room and when she looked at the scene that lay before her eyes she slowly fell to the ground holding her chest. Her husband came shortly after helping his wife up and pulling her out the room.

He shook his head calling the police. He knew it was only a matter of time.

Now they had to live with the guilt, knowing they failed their son. If they would've gotten him the help he needed this could've been prevented.

Mental Health Awareness🚨

=============================
The End !!!

Jk!