The Second First Impression

| y/n perspective |

Today is my first day at Grey Sloan. Doctor Bailey called me in extra early today, to meet the head of my department! I can't wait! I'm sorta nervous though because of all the traumatic stories I have heard from there, but I am also excited because they have done so many crazy things that have changed the medical industry. Now, I need to put on my nicest outfit, and straighten my hair.

| amelia's perspective |

Today Dr. Bailey called me in extra early to meet with our newest member of the neuro department. I wonder who it will be, I am single after all, I mean... I am always up for making new friends to go out with. I have to be there in 20 minutes, I have to grab my coat and go.

20 minutes later...

| y/n perspective |

It's 5:20 am, and I am sitting here in Dr. Bailey's office. It's kinda awkward, especially since I'm so nervous to meet my new boss.

| amelia's perspective|

Walking up the stairs, I catch a glimpse of my new attending. Omg that women is so pretty. Look at that wavy brown hair, and her sparkling brown eyes. There is something so familiar about that face. I can't really make it out though, the lining in the glass blocks off her other features.

| y/n perspective |

"I'm sorry Dr. y/l/n, Dr. Shepherd should be in any moment now." Dr. Bailey apologized.

"WAIT- Did you say Dr. Shepherd?"

you hear the door open

Oh my god, I grew up with a Shepherd, you don't think it could be.. I looked up to see her "AMELIA?!" my mouth dropped in awe. "OH MY GOD! AMELIA".

"y/n?!?!" Amelia exclaims. she runs over to hug me

"You two know each other?" Dr. Bailey questioned.

"Yeah we have been best friends since we were 5, but we lost connection in college and haven't seen or really heard from each other since." Amelia explained.

I don't know why Amelia and I fell out of touch. It was always on my mind and it was definitely hard for me to accept that I probably wouldn't see her again. But I guess I was wrong about that.

"Oh this better not have been a mistake" Dr. Bailey mumbled under her breathe, thinking we couldn't hear her.

"Well. Should I show you around before your shift?" Amelia asked me

"That'd be great!" I replied. Perfect, Amelia and I could have a chance to catch up.