(4)

''did they get back together?''

kate's piercing scream alerted everyone of their next move, like an air-raid siren. run.

simon yanked the two girls by the wrists as they were all processing what had just happened. a sharp, bloody knife-bearing teenager, peter, as deena theorised, had followed them. and he cared less about their dirty laundry this time.

the four teenagers made a b-line for the exit, down a, thankfully, derelict corridor. however, the newly reunited couple took a route past a group of unknowing elderly patients, which they would later realise, was a mistake.

as simon was frantically fumbling to find the car keys, lisa silently prayed that sam and deena were safe.

''c'mon, the ambulance'', kate answered, whilst jogging to the conveniently placed (and unlocked) vehicle. it was as if somebody knew that a psycho killer would be roaming the halls of the hospital.

''let's go'', kate said as she scrambled into the driver's seat.

''wait! what about sam and deena?'' lisa questioned, confused as to how kate could abandon her best friend, who was currently participating in a non-voluntary game of hide and seek.

''we are not dying tonight because of sam fraser'', kate argued. she wasn't sam's biggest fan, but lisa couldn't help but add that a deranged copycat killer couldn't possibly be the fault of sam.

a high-pitched cry snapped lisa out of her thoughts and told her everything she needed to know. her friends were in trouble, and they were nearby.

''that's it, im going to find them'', lisa announced as she flung open the ambulance doors.

just a mere few metres away, sam fraser and deena johnson were in the middle of a wrestling match with the masked figure, and it didn't look as if they were going to win a trophy.

lisa took a chance and threw the stronger figure off sam, which resulted in them losing possession of their weapon.

as the blade was thrown to the floor, something obstructed it.

a burning sensation took over lisa's left shoulder as her skin fought to hold itself together. a shiver snook up her spine as her feet were buried in the linoleum floor. it was ironic that she was experiencing this searing pain in a hospital, of all places. as hot, viscous blood began to possess her once-white shirt, lisa was pulled out of her paralysis.

the offender was on the floor. his mask had slipped.

ryan torres.

ryan torres. the killer. who was dead.

kate jogged over to see what the girls were staring in disbelief at.

he wore a bullet hole, front and centre of his head. like it was a medal. he had survived death. veins cascaded down his ghostly face, as his wounds began to drip cold blood onto his waxy skin.

after shooting deena a glare, he yanked his masquerade back over his undead features. however, nothing could erase the image that those four girls had just witnessed.

the series of events after finding out that a serial killer was back from the dead, was a blur for lisa, but nevertheless, she found herself in the back of the ambulance, surrounded by a circle of sceptics.

''police station, now!'' deena shouted from the front seat.

''-torres. it was him'', the jury in the backseat wasn't convinced.

''the dead weasel shot dead at the mall the other night?''

''YES!'' lisa and kate shouted in unison, ''i knew it wasn't peter'', the brunette chose this moment to gloat about her 'sixth sense'.