11

A/N: Another long chapter, so be prepared.
——————————————————
*August 14 - Tuesday - 7:30am*

Ash's POV
"Ash, sweetie, wake up." I woke up at Hailee's beautiful voice calling my name. I slowly opened my eyes, meeting her gaze.
"We need to get ready for school." Hailee said and smiled softly at me, before leaving the room to get dressed in the bathroom.

I got out of bed and searched through my suitcase, before quickly getting dressed. Just as I pulled my shirt over my head, Hailee came back into the room and let me just say, she looked stunning. I brushed through my hair and made sure that my side part was on point.

"You look good. Now, let's go." Hailee said and sent me a flirty wink, as she eyed me up and down, and I felt the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Thank you, so do you." I replied and followed her downstairs, where Cheri had made breakfast.

-

We arrived at Hailee's school and I followed her to the school's auditorium, where a few other students were getting ready for their own performances.

"Come on, I want you front and center." Haiz said and grabbed my hand, leading me to the front row of seats. "Thank you for coming with me today, it really means the world to me." She continued, as I took a seat, center of the stage.

"Thank you for letting me. I can't wait to hear you sing." I replied and smiled up at her softly.

"I need to get ready.. I'll see you in a little bit." She said and smiled back at me.

"Good luck." I said, as she left to get ready.

After a little while, the music teacher came and introduced the different students. The first three students did their numbers, and then it was finally Hailee's turn.

She walked out onto the stage and sat on a stool, next to a guy who had a guitar in his lap. The dude started playing the guitar, and soon enough Hailee started to sing. She was singing a cover of James Bay's Let It Go, and let me tell you, Hailee has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. I could listen to her sing all day every day, if she'd let me.

When she finished her performance, I stood up and cheered for her, and I could see her blushing all the way from where I was standing. She walked off the stage and came over to me, with the cutest smile on her face.

"You were amazing!" I said and wrapped her in a tight hug, causing her to giggle cutely.

"Thanks babes. You're the best hypegirl ever." She giggled as we pulled apart.

"I'll always cheer you on." I replied with a wink, causing her to blush even more.

"I appreciate it." She said and winked back at me. Just then a smaller brunette girl came over to us.

"Hey Steinfeld, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." The small Latina said with a smirk.

"Well, I don't actually.. this is my best friend Ash. Ash, this is Camila." Hailee introduced us.

"Nice to meet you, Ash." Camila said and shook my hand with a smile.

"Likewise." I replied, smiling as well.

"Anyways, Hailee, I just talked to Ms. Carson and she said that we have the rest of the day off, as well as tomorrow." Camila said and looked at Hailee.

"Cool, then we actually get to hang out." Haiz chuckled and winked at me.

"Are you sure that you guys aren't dating?" Camila asked with a light chuckle.

"Not yet." I said with a smirk, causing Hailee to go wide eyed with a blush.
"I'm kidding. Relax, Haizy." I chuckled, making Camila bark out a laugh, at Hailee's facial expression.

-

We went home and Hailee made us some lunch, before we went upstairs to her room, where we ate while watching tv.

"Oh my goodness, Victorious is on.. can we watch it?" I asked, excitedly.

"Of course." Hailee chuckled and put it on, making me smile. After eating, we quickly went downstairs and did the dishes, before returning to Hailee's bed, resuming the show. After a short while, I felt Hailee shift awkwardly beside me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, making her look at me, and I could easily see the blush on her cheeks.

"Yeah.." she replied, turning back to the tv, trying to hide her blush. I raised my eyebrows confused and placed my hand on her arm, making her look back at me.

"You can tell me." I said, locking eyes with her.

"I.. I don't exactly know.. I guess I just wanted to cuddle.." she replied shyly, shifting her gaze down to her lap.

"Come here, then." I chuckled at her cuteness and opened my arms for her. She looked back up at me and slowly shuffled closer, cuddling into my side with her head in my lap. I smiled softly at her, as I started combing my fingers through her hair, massaging her scalp softly. I felt her starting to relax under my touch, as she let her arm relax across my legs. We stayed in that position for the rest of the afternoon, until her parents and brother came home and we had to go downstairs to eat dinner.

-

That evening, when we had gotten settled in bed, there was a somewhat awkward silence, as we both just laid there, staring up at the ceiling. When the silence became too awkward for me, I decided to speak up.

"Sooo, what do you wanna do tomorrow?" I asked awkwardly and glanced over at her, just as she turned to look at me as well.

"I don't know.. I mean we have almost the entire day, at least until I have to drive you to the airport." She replied and shrugged her shoulders.

"How about we go explore the city a little, since I have no idea what there is to see and do here?" I suggested with a soft smile.

"I like that idea. You know what? There's actually a newly opened arcade, that I've been meaning to check out, if you wanna go there." Hailee said.

"Sounds fun, let's do that." I replied, before letting out a yawn, making Hailee chuckle lightly.

"But for right now, let's go to sleep." She said and smiled softly at me.

"Yeah. Goodnight, Haizy." I said with a smile, as my eyes closed.

"Sleep tight, sweetie." Hailee replied, as sleep slowly took over my body.

——————————————————
A/N: Hope you guys like these kinds of chapters, because there's still one more to go, before it goes back to texting.