Taken

She's been writing in her journal since a few weeks ago for her first solo album. At first, she was hesitant about whether to continue it or not, because there were a lot of people out there who may not have liked the idea of her writing a solo album. Yet she reasoned that she shouldn't be affected by them since she wasn't writing it for them. She was writing it about herself; about what she was feeling too. She sighed and shook her head before sitting up on the couch that had been located in her backyard. She sighed and shook her head before sitting up on the couch that had been located in her backyard. She likes to stay outside and have some chill time with her dog, Alf. Her neighbors never bothered with having a famous neighbor like her. They all have their own business and she's glad that they respect each other. Although she didn't consider herself a famous person, she just thought of having a lot of people who love her for who she really is.

The fresh air and birds chirping in the background always give her a chill. She watched the bird land on the orange dinosaur that she named Steve. She smiled because she thought she was like a bird who wasn't afraid of falling. Even though there was a lot of struggle in her life, she still knew how to stand on her own feet.

She looked down at her empty page in her journal and began to write the first sentence on it before proceeding to the second sentences. Her feet are on the coffee table that isn't touching the ground beneath her. She was wearing her favorite white dress, but she had no idea where to go with it, so she ended up in her backyard with a journal on her lap. It took her many years to realize things. She wiped her tears and continued on writing. The couch beside her deepened as her dog walked towards them.

“Hey, you're crying again.” She shook her head and smiled at him.

“It's tears of joy.” She mumbled. Her dog jumped into their laps, making them laugh a little before petting Alf's head.

“He really knows what you are feeling right now.” She brushed the back curly hairs of her dog and as it got comfortable with her touch, it closed its eyes. “You just need time to figure out if you are really sure about it. Time is running but it will never rush you.”

“If anybody asks me, I'm not afraid of screaming it to the world.” She petted her dog's head before turning her head to her left side and continued. “However, I will stick to the idea of you keeping our lives private. So I'm gonna write it here that I'm taken.” He smiled at her, knowing she was finally healing and had already found those missing pieces of the puzzle in her life. “And if anybody wants to know, he is too.” He chuckles before taking her left hand with three black ink covered tattoos on her fingers. He interwined their hands before bringing them to his lips and kissing the back of her palm.

“It wasn't easy to see how people stopped believing it, but I'm not afraid of screaming it to the world that you already found what you really deserve.” She laid her head on his right shoulder, finding it comfortable. She knew everyone who also had a broken heart like her in the past. It wasn't easy for them to move forward, but she knew if you opened your heart or let someone help you, who really cared for you and had been there by your side since the beginning, it would be easier to move forward. You'll know that it was the safest hands to be with, especially since it never makes you uncomfortable or unwelcome.

“Even though I'm still picking up the pieces, I still want to give it another shot.” She closed her eyes and squeezed his right hand, letting him know he didn't need to worry about anything because she was in safe arms that would take care of her for the rest of her life. In the past, she had a hard time letting someone help her. She closed her heart because she was afraid of being hurt again, so she built those walls. She even asked herself if she would do it again? Or would it help her heal, or maybe just end up hurting her again? It bothers her to think those kinds of things, since she can not take it this time if she ends up broken again. In particular, there are people who do not like the idea of her being in a relationship again, especially with someone she knows or they know close to her. “I might have taken thirty years, if I only knew it sooner. It took me years to realize that you're the person I needed in my life.”

He turned his head down to her before kissing the top of her head. “I may not be the first person you met, but I'm glad that I'll be the last person you'll spend the rest of your life with. I'll treat you better than your past relationships, who never treated you for what you really deserve.” She opened her eyes and turned her head towards him by resting her chin on his right shoulder. “I love you Hayley.” He gave her lips a kiss, making her giggle.

“I love you too, Taylor.” She smiled before returning the kiss to him.

The End.
🤍