03. Berserkers

After a short, slightly deceitful talk with Derek, he had agreed to go with Sky and Stiles to the McCall's house while Scott went to see Peter Hale. Initially, he was hesitant, but after Scott used his Alpha status to get the boy to trust him enough to listen to him, he then proceeded to lie by telling him his family was fine and not mostly deceased after a horrific fire tore them apart. Derek was comfortable enough to go with them and Ariel had been willing to join them, but quickly had to leave after receiving a worrying text from Kira who was at a gas station with Lydia.

Now, Sky moves to use her key to open the front door of her home, only to frown in confusion when she realises it's already open. Shrugging, she walks into the house, Stiles and Derek following right behind her, though she stops when she hears a familiar heartbeat, cursing silently.

"We're going to wait here for Scott," Stiles is telling Derek as they walk further in. "We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone."

"Do I talk to her?" Derek asks, turning to Sky with a smirk.

"Ew, no," Sky scrunches her nose up.

Stiles's hackles rise protectively, "Absolutely not."

Derek sighs, "Do I talk to you?" he asks Stiles.

"No."

"Fine. Good," Derek rolls his eyes before pointing to the man standing at the other side of the room. "Who's going to talk to him?"

Stiles jumps in fright when he sees Sky and Scott's father standing there, a bag in his hand, "Ah!" he exclaims. "Are you getting taller?"

"Skylar," Rafael just says, sending her an unimpressed look. "What are these guys doing here?"

"Uhh," Sky drags out, mind going blank of excuses. "What are you doing here?" she returns.

"We're waiting for Scott?" Derek tells the man, confused.

"Yeah, so am I," Rafael replies, giving Sky a pointed look. "We're supposed to have dinner, remember? I brought extra."

Sky grimaces, "Oh, right. That."

With a sigh, her father turns his attention to the boys, "You guys hungry?"

Derek nods, "Yeah --"

"No," Stiles cuts him off. "We're not hungry."

"No, I'm starving," Derek states.

Stiles glares at him, "Neither of us are hungry. Thanks, though."

"I'm a little hungry," Sky mumbles.

"Okay," Rafael nods. "Well if you're not hungry, Stiles, your friend can still eat with us. What's your name?"

Before Derek can open his mouth, Stiles answers for him, "Miguel!" he rushes out. "My cousin Miguel. From Mexico. So --"

Without missing a beat, Rafael starts speaking to Miguel in Spanish, making Sky and Stiles share a wide-eyed look.

"Oh my God," Stiles mutters in panic, only for them to be surprised when Derek smoothly answers Sky's father in Spanish too.

"Fantastic," Rafael nods, seeming appeased. "Egg roll?"

Derek grins, "Hell, yeah."

Sky frowns, "No, wait." she says in sudden realisation. "Not my egg rolls though, right?"

Her father just sends her a smile and walks into the kitchen, making her rush after him.

". . . Right?"

***