🌌My Thinking Place🌌

Nina's POV

"Mind if I join you" someone asked. "Sure nobody is going to stop you" I said not looking at the person. I didn't really care about who it was I was to busy looking at the stars. "Are you okay?" he asked. I looked at the people confused. "What do you mean Newt?" I asked. "Well I saw you wipe your eyes before you sat down" he said.

I looked at the stars again. "Yeah I'm okay" I said not wanting to tell him that Jake made me scared when he talked really loud. "You wanna try this?" he asked holding a cup above my head. I looked at him. "What is it?" I asked taking the cup. "Don't know Gally came up with it" he giggled a bit. I took a sip and looked at him. "You might want to get yourself one more because I kinda like it" I smiled.

"Then I guess I should get one more" he laughed. He got up and went to a reddish hair boy. I looked back at the stars and continued to drink the liquid. After a few minutes Newt was back but this time someone was with him. "Hi I'm Gally" the boy said. "I'm Nina" I smiled. "I heard you said you liked the drink" he said as he sat down next to me. I nodded.

"She's cooler than Thomas" Gally laughed. "Yep but don't let him hear you say that" Newt said laughing. "I don't care at least she didn't spit it out the first time she drank it" Gally said a little louder so Thomas could hear, and it worked because Thomas walked over to us.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked. "Oh I just said Nina is cooler than you because she likes my drink and didn't spit it out on the first try" Gally smirking. I started laughing. Newt joining in. "Oh yeah maybe she didn't want to hurt your feelings" Thomas said to Gally. "Well then let's ask her" Gally said looking at me.

I downed the last bit. "Welp wish I could help but I'm out of this mysterious liquid so I'm going to get more" I said standing up. Newt stood up as well. "I'm going to help her with that see ya later" he said before walking away with me. "You do know it's like alcohol right" Newt said as we were a few feet away from Gally and Thomas.

"Yep I can feel it" I smiled. We talked and had fun I met Ben, Minho, Zart, Frypan even Jeff and some of the other gladers. After a while Alby sent us off to bed. I laid down and looked at roof thingy for a few minutes now. I decided to get up and go to the cliff me and Chuck found a few hours ago. I had my feet over the edge just looking at the sky.

I heard some footsteps but it didn't really bother me. "Oh hey Nina why are you still up?" I heard someone say I looked in the direction of the voice to see Thomas. "Couldn't sleep" I said looking back at the sky. "I see why do we go sit in the tree house" he said. I nodded and got up and walked with him to the tree house.

We both got up and sat there. I lay my head down on his shoulder and looked at the sky. "You like the stars don't you" Thomas finally saiys breaking the silence. "Yeah it's something special" I said. "Well tomorrow is going to be a long day we should get some sleep" he said with a smile. "Yeah I'll be down I just want to be alone for a bit" I said. He nodded and went down and walked to his hammock.

'The people here are really nice and Chuck he is a really special boy'  I thought to myself. I sat there for about half an hour just looking at the stars. I got up and went down. As I jumped down the last step I felt something hitting my chest. I looked down and saw a golden necklace with a golden little rose. 'That's weird how didn't I notice it when I woke up'

I decided to just leave it and went to my hammock. I laid down and looked at the sky before slowly falling asleep. I was slightly asleep when I heard a noise from the maze walls. I got up and looked around. Everyone was asleep but Jake and Els shoot up and both looked at me.

I started walking out of the room-thingy and Jake and Els soon followed me. "What the heck was that?" Jake asked as we were a few feet away from the others. "I don't know but to be honest I don't want to find out" I said walking to the tree house. "I'll be back soon I'm just going to get my blanket" Jake said. Els and I nodded and went up. We sat there for a while waiting for Jake to come back. After a few minutes he came back. "Finally" I joked. He rolled his eyes and smiled. He threw the blanket over us and Els laid her head on me and I laid my head on Jake and Jake laid his head on mine.

We must have fell asleep like that because we woke up because of someone sshook us. I was the first one to open our eyes. "Morning breakfast is ready" Alby said with a soft smile. I gave him a smile and got the other 2 up. We all went to the rest except Jake who had put his blanket back. When Chuck saw me he moved up and made space for me. I got food at Frypan and sat next to Chuck.

"Where were you and the other two?" he asked as I sat down next to him. "Oh we uhm got woken up by sounds in the maze and fell asleep in the tree-house-thingy" I said. "Oh yeah you get use to it after a while" he said with a sad smile.