Chapter 15 - END

Over the week I didn't see Austin, like he just vanished.
I even went to the abandoned house and yelled his name, but no one answered.
When I got back home there was a letter on the ground.
I picked it up but there was only my name on it.
I decided to open it.

Dear Val,

For those I have not had a chance to say goodbye to in person, I wanted to let you know that I won't be coming back.

Working with you has been everything I hoped it would be – exciting and fun. I feel extremely lucky to have worked with you for the time that I did, and I appreciate having been able to finish the task with you.

When I first saw you I you were very pitiful and never expected you to stay so long but I had such a nice time with.
It's been an amazing few days with you.
I'm sorry it had to end this way but to have done this you had to lose something of equal value.
I hope to someday see you again and maybe we'll both be a better human beings.

- Austin.

I was surprised that I actually got a letter.... When I finished reading it I felt like I was going to cry but I ran out of tears.
Who would've thought my story would end like this.
I opened my front door and began to stop inside. As I did I only had one thought.
"I got my revenge, but at what cost?"

-260 words