Chapter 45 : Barton Hollow

<>

In Merlin's tower...

"We spell-casters should be fleeing to the Wild Wood, not slaving away for that fool--" Morgana said.

Douxie cringed as Merlin growled, "Mind your tongue, Morgana. You speak treason against our king!"

Morgana slammed her fists on the table, "I speak truth. After all Arthur's done, why build this amulet for him?" 

Merlin made the pieces of the amulet float with Green magic, "It's not for him. It's for all of us. Gunmar's war is a threat and the amulet will end it."

Douxie whispered, "The Time Map!"

Merlin said, "DragonsTooth iron must be strong enough to contain the Daylight Stone's power. Aloochan gloria meia!" The amulet's pieces flew in multiple directions.

Douxie shrieked, dodging a flying piece of Iron, it flew into a bottle with a Gnome in it. It laughed as it ran out of the room.

Merlin groaned, "Blast it all! Hisirdoux, stop gawking about and give me a hand with those raw ores over there!"

"Apologies..." Douxie sighed, "Master,"

Morgana folded her arms, glaring at her teacher in spellcasting, "How many more failures before you realize this amulet of yours is pointless?"

"I hear your concerns, but trust me, the amulet will bring peace..." Merlin sighed, placing down the Daylight Stone.

Morgana's eyes filled with tears, "At the cost of all, we hold dear! How long before he comes for us?" She raised a brow, "You're a fool, Merlin. And an old one at that..." She walked out of the room,

Morgana walked through the hall, the Gnome was pinned by the Castle Cat. A nonfamiliar, a normal cat...

Morgan scared off the cat, "Shoo!" The cat hissed and ran off, she held out her hand to the Gnome.

The Gnome's black eyes looked up at her, it hissed at her. Before Morgana smiled softly at it, seeming to calm it down... It stepped onto her hand, she pulled it up to her chest.

"See? Your not a little demon are you? You're just trying to protect yourself," Scratching under the Gnome's beard as it rumbled out a purr.

She placed the Gnome on her shoulder as she walked through the halls, "Let's get you out of here," 

She walked out of the castle exit, the Sunlight glowed above brightly...

She walked towards the gate, she put down the Gnome, the Gnome cooed at her, "Sweet little thing," She sighed, "It must be this way, to weary of life and deception. . ."

The Gnome then ran off, down the trail towards the Forbidden Woods-or once known as the Wild Wood.

She sighed and turned around, walking back to the castle, "Be free, little one, unlike me..."

With Asra, in the training grounds...

Asra was in her signature armor, she saw a horse run towards her with Lancelot upon it's back, Asra leapt out of the way just a split second before Lancelot would hit her.

"Ah! A good sparring partner," Lancelot jumped from his horse,

"Yeah! Whatever, Lancey!" She clashed blades with Lancelot, she closed her eyes as she hit Lancelot back.

Lancelot was then flipped onto his back by Asra's quick leg, "Sweep the leg~" She purred,

"You are better than every knight I've ever mate!"

"I'm a warrior, not a knight," She smirked, "I've been in many battles, so," 

He went to hit her with his sword, but she hit him back, "I'm not a knight, Lancey, stop fighting with me like one,"

"HYAH!"

Asra swept his leg again, "Sorry, Lance~"

With Claire in Morgana's chambers...

"Uh... Morgana? Reporting for handmaiden duty. Hello? Morgana? Hello?" She spotted the Skathe Hrun, "The Shadow Staff.."

"Aren't you curious? My new handmaiden, familiar with dark magics?"

"Huh? Uh.. No, I have no idea-"

"Don't play coy, little lamb. You're hiding your knowledge from he and from Arthur. You stood against my brother to save a troll, a magical creature like myself, like us. The others fear our potential, and would quash it. But I do not fear magic. It is true strength..." She took hold of the staff,

"Aurai capernus umbra!" Making shadows cover a painting of her, Qwen, and Arthur, "Will I ever be strong enough to save those who are different from his wrath?" She frowned, placing down the staff.
Claire held out the staff, "You're stronger than you know. Maybe you could convince him, your brother, to change, to set them all free..."

"He was a good man once... but after he lost Gwen, the scars on his face now match the scars on his heart. Why would he listen to me now?"

"Because people can surprise you sometimes," Claire smiled,

"He's too arrogant to see his war is misguided, but I must act. Arthur's bloodshed ends today..." She crunched up her fist.

"What is this treason you speak?" Arthur asked, Claire gasped.

"Brother, I only meant--"

"We destroy those monsters at dawn..." Arthur walked out.

Claire gasped, "No.. Jim!"