Meaning of those PURPLE LILACS

Another day in Royal Castle, filled with beautiful piano sounds, played by Prince SungHoon. That’s one of his morning habits. After some time, he stopped.

“Willy, Can you prepare a bouquet of Lilacs for tomorrow?”

Said without looking at his Butler who’s standing next to him.

  “Is that for Princess Amaris?”

  Even he’s not facing his butler he can feel the smirk his butler’s making. So with a chuckle he replied

   “Nope. That’s for my girl.”

   “As you wish, your majesty.”

    Answered with a smile, being proud of his Prince finally meeting someone he loves. On the other hand, Prince stood up as he walked out of the room.

__________________[The Next Day]

As usual, that place, where they both meet. Not because they need something or coincidence. But because of themselves, wanting to see each other. That’s what their hearts wanted.

Y/n, now doing a different thing from usual. She always collects flower but today, a bit different. She’s laying on those soft grass while admiring the bright blue sky.

At the same time, SungHoon arrives with his horse again. After hopping off from the horse, he looked for Y/n. ‘Strange’ he thought as he couldn’t find you anywhere. Thank to his sharp eyes, he found her figure laying on the grass. With a smile, he grabbed the bouquet he prepared yesterday and walked straight towards her.

From Y/n point of view, her eyes was covered with a small shadow of bouquet which made her sit up straight to look up properly.

“SungHoon.”

He smiled as he signaled her to take that bouquet he’s holding.

  “For you.”
  “Huh? Why?”
   “Just take it.”

    She hesitantly accepted it but admired it as soon as it arrives her hand.

     “Thanks.”
     She thanked with her smile. The same smile from last 2 weeks when they first met.

_Flashback_

That day when SungHoon was crying, at the same place with the flowers dancing beside him because of the strong wind.

“Are you okay?”

A soft voice that came from behind stopped his tears immediately. He looked behind, meeting a girl with some flowers in her hand. Those strings of brown hair softly floating in air together with the wind.

“Why are you crying?”

She’s making him to speak out what he’s feeling. SungHoon on the other hand, thought telling her won’t hurt him and maybe it could even light his feelings so he decided to talk.

“My mom. She’s ill. The doctor said she’s seriously ill.”

She sat beside him, as she continued to listen calmly which somehow made SungHoon to speak more easily.

“I’m afraid I might lose her.”

Then he felt a soft pat on his back.
“Here. Take these.”

She gave some pinkish flowers from her basket. Named Peony, represent as good health.

“Give these to her. I’m sure she’ll gladly take it.”

SungHoon just stared at the flowers then again to her.

“I wish your mom will be healthy again. But right now, I need to go. Hope to see you again.”

She said as she stood up but SungHoon grabbed her wrist.

“I’m SungHoon. You?”
“ Y/N. Choi Y/N.”

With a bright smile, she responds.
That’s the day they first met. Also the day, they decided to sneak out. 

@Present

SungHoon was flashing back their time together until he heard a gasp.

“I’m late!”

Y/n immediately grabbed her basket.

“What late?”

SungHoon curiously asked.

“I have to do something that’s why.Umm.. See you!”

Without letting SungHoon say anything, she rushed away.

“I think I should go too.”
He signed as he also head back.

__________________@Princess Amaris’s Room.

“ Omg! Y/N! Look at you! So beautiful~.”

Y/n shyly smiles. Princess Amaris grabbed Y/N’s shoulder.

“Okay. So now don’t forget to do as I say. Just bow at the queen and king then done. The Prince will come and ask you for a dance.”

Y/n nodded noting everything her princess said.

“ok. Good Luck Y/N aka 2nd Amaris”

She chuckles while teasing Y/n as Y/n rolled her eyes with giggles.

__________________@BALL ROOM.

Everything’s doing fine until now. Y/n just chill at the corner waiting for the Prince to approach her. And her mind is still filled with dance movements. Under her beautiful gown, her legs were revising the movements as her decision is to not make a mistake.

“Hello. You must be Princess Amaris.”

Someone approached her with that charming smile which is really familiar to her. Even though the Prince is wearing a mask, Y/n noticed within a second. And that somehow shocked her as she didn’t know that SungHoon was a FREAKING PRINCE.

“S-sunghoon?”
That stuttered name she just spoke proves a lot that she’s shock right now.

“Oh Seems like you already know my name”

Y/n shook her head as she put her acting back and slightly nodded

“Yeah. Father told me.”
“So then Princess, Shall we dance?”

Y/n nodded again and both slowly walked to the middle of the ball room as they started dancing. But Y/n is not comfortable with this. People are staring at her and those stares aren't helping her to remember that dance moves. Sweat started to form on her face and SungHoon noticed that.

“Princess. Wanna go and have some fresh air? It’s a bit crowded here.”

Y/n gladly accept then they both left the ballroom, head towards the balcony while awe-inspiring view is revealed.

“Wow… I didn’t know castle would have this kind of place”

She said enjoying the cold breeze, brushing against her skin.

“Yeah This is my favorite place in this castle.”

He replied joining her, enjoying the breeze.

“Princess. May I ask you something?”

He said casually, wanting to start the conversation.

“Sure. What’s it?”
“Well, Do you the meaning of Purple Lilacs?”
“Awn! Violet symbolizes spirituality and light purple represents First love.”

He chuckles and continued.

“I know right? Today I gave a girl bouquet of light purple lilacs and she’s clueless about it.”

Y/n immediately froze, knowing that he’s talking about her.

“She’s Y/n and I have been fallen for her about weeks now.”

That just made Y/n stand like a statue. She’s speechless.

“Princess Are you okay? You went quiet.”

She snapped back as she excuses SungHoon and left the balcony. Or you can say, escaping from him.
That’s how the night end for those two.

_The very next day_

“Y/n, Are you not going to pick flowers today?”

A woman who supposed as Y/n’s mom asked her dearest daughter who has been spacing out since last night.

“I will…..soon.”
“Well You should go now. Because I’m having feeling that Lilacs gonna bloom today. Go grab them Y/n.”

I nodded and slightly smile then decided to leave.

ON THE WAY

“Aishhh. This is so insane. I’m still not ready to meet! I mean he confessed me last night.”

Luckily the realization hits her well.

“wait a minute. I was pretending as Princess Amaris so that means… I’m still not confessed yet. And he doesn’t know that’s me”

While mumbling, she signed in relief.
“…..”

“What are you signing about?”
“OMG! WT-”

She immediately closed her mouth as soon as she saw SungHoon, no she means Prince SungHoon. Which more shocked her is that he’s wearing Royal Prince costume.

“What’s wrong? Did I make you that shock?”

Y/n shook her head slowly, tucking her hair behind to her ears.

“No! It just…..wow nice costume.”
“Yeah. Are you heading to…?”
“Yes! There. Umm..You too?”

He nodded with a charming smile he used to show. Y/n also replied with a smile or you can say a weird smile. With that they both walked to their usual place with silent.

“Lilacs!”
Y/n quickly ran towards those lilacs and started picking some while leaving some. SungHoon on the other hand, smile at her cute actions and walked towards somewhere which caught his attention.

After some minutes,
Y/n flinched when she suddenly saw light purple lilacs in front of her face. It was SungHoon who’s giving her.

“Where d-did you find those?”
“There. It seems quite rare. I saw that there’s only few blooming.”

Y/n just stared at him so SungHoon continued.

“Take it. It’s for you. And don’t stare at me too much, you will fall for me.”

He teasingly said as Y/n took the flowers while rolling her eyes on him. Of course she’s annoyed, she’s already fallen for him.

“So what’s you answer?”
He asked blankly which made Y/n
from what she is doing and face him.
“What?”

SungHoon faced her and smile before saying.

“I told you yesterday. About Purple lilacs…..at the ball.”

Y/n immediately shocked.
“H-ow did yo-”

“How did I find out? Of course I should notice the person who I love. Besides, she has those unique eyes.”

     He said pointing at her eyes. Meanwhile, Y/N went speechless and red. She’s shy and butterflies are flying inside her stomach.

            “You’re the only one who have those eyes and you’re the first person who have those eyes for me.”

She’s still silent but SungHoon noticed so he asked her.

          “So…even if you still wanna lie that yesterday wasn’t you then it’s okay. Here again…Light Purple Lilacs. I like you Y/n. Don’t be dumb again.”

He warned before Y/n changed her topic. She pressed her lips to make a thin line and thought of her answer.

“But still… You’re a royal Prince and I’m just a daughter of  a gardener I thinl we shoouldn’t-”

“I just love the way you are Y/n. I am dare enough to quit that Prince position for you. That’s how I love you.”

   He said and slowly held Y/n’s hand.
“I will fight everything for you Y/n. If  you still reject me then I will understand your decision.”

Without saying anything, Y/n just hugged him tight.

                “Guess it’s yes.”
He smiles as he hugged her back tightly.

                          _The End_

Have a wonderful love life Yeorobun~