4.Bows and Ties

Just imagine this on acres of land :p

Annnd is like a floor taller and a little wider. Couldn't find a photo close enough T.T

***

As my parents silver Grand Cherokee pulled up to what I was assuming was the pack house, my mouth dropped open at the mere size of the place. The entire building was made out of what looked like brick and wood, and the whole place looked like a castle that belonged in a fairy tale in the hills of Scotland with a curly haired red head riding a horse past. As we pulled up behind tons of other fancier cars parked in the curvy driveway, I looked over to see an ocean of people mingling both in and out doors with drinks in their hands and hors d'oeuvres being passed out by caterers. Suddenly I felt that dressing up had been a good idea.

Stepping out of the car and walking up to the house, I frowned at all the eyes that were centered on me and my family. All of them seemed friendly, but some looked hungry as they stared at the dress that barely covered my knees.

I felt a tug in my chest that made me want to cover myself up. My wolf whined becoming slightly restless, shaking my resolve. 

Go away... she whined, feeling discomfort.

It'll be OK. I thought, calming her. 

Perverts. I hissed, gripping my clutch.

"Hi Jade!" A familiar voice rang, shaking me out of my thoughts and causing many people to look away. Thank god I thought, my wolf becoming content again. 

"Hey." I muttered, smiling slightly. I didn't love her by any stretch, but I will admit this girl was beginning to grow on me.

And the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day. 

"You look beautiful!" Ally complemented gazing in awe at my outfit. She patted my hair which had been pulled up into a bun with little jewels placed in it. My makeup was scarce (due to my flailing about to avoid my mothers usual) with only light eye-shadow and mascara on the eyes and a lip gloss that I actually put on myself (shocker I know) that tasted like strawberries. "So, cute!" She piped, grinning. 

Ally was wearing a navy blue dress with a sequence top that cut off at her mid-stomach and a matching skirt that was slightly beneath the top leaving a gap of her stomach exposed. Honestly only a girl with her body type and personality could pull that dress off. 

"I know right?" My mom laughed brushing some dust off my dress. Licking her thumb, she wiped at the side of my dress complaining about how I already had a stain on the dress even though I totally didn't.

"Hi!" Bounced Ally, noticing my mother. She reached out an eager hand grinning wide. "I'm Ally, Jades classmate."

"Well, hello there Ally!" My mother smiled, taking Ally's hand. "I'm Jessica, Jade's mother, and the man over there stuffing his face with hamburgers is my husband Adam." She finished, rolling her eyes at my dads behavior. My dad was actually a real stud when he was younger but after hitching my mom and having me his lifestyle had a little revamp. He did, however, still have his looks and height even though he was so old (kidding, kidding). His 6'0 ft red head matched well with my moms 5'7 ft dirty blonde hair and their personalities surprisingly meshed well. 

I give them a hard time but I actually did love them. 

The Grinch's heart grows bigger still.

 "So, how old are you?" My mom asked popping me out of my thoughts. Clearly she was excited that her daughter didn't scare off such a sweet girl.Taking this opportunity of distracted mother and pixie, I slipped out of the house using a sliding glass door that we had managed to migrate toward.