Prologue

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

Of all the possible forms of punishment, why had his parents chosen this one?

Dance lessons? Well, to some it wouldn't sound so bad, some would see it as a positive thing. It couldn't be that bad.

For someone as arrogant as Atsumu Miya it was, because how the hell was he going to stand up and dance knowing he had two left feet?

he tried to see it in pink, for a moment he thought that would be a point in his favor with women, for most like men who don't look like lamp posts when they dance.

but that thought vanished once he realized where his father -obligatorily- was taking him almost tied to the three seat belts of the car.

it was a nightmare.
this couldn't be happening to him.
kill him now.

They could have chosen something more upbeat and lively, like salsa or tango; maybe something contemporary that would bring out his manly side, like breakdancing or hip hop. Even pole dancing didn't seem as horrible an idea as what his family had just shown him.

Of all the dance genres in the world, why did it have to be ballet that he was now condemned to practice?

It was a dance generally practiced by women and the men who practiced it were mostly too effeminate or, failing that, gay.

And in short, Atsumu didn't want to end up wearing makeup and pointe shoes for the rest of his high school.

much less did he want to end up being effeminate, and what he considered worse: end up being gay.

it wasn't that he was homophobic, because his twin brother was gay and he agreed and liked it, it just didn't go with his standards of "masculinity".

And by now, he was fine with liking girls.

and there he was, cursing that he was born while looking with repulsion at the facade of the ballet school.

"even if you hate us inside, I'm sure you'll thank your mother and me later," his father commented, pulling his arm and dragging him into the building.

Of course. Miya Atsumu had brought his current situation on himself.

pff, one little incident of hitting in the school gym and a couple of "accidental" balls to the face of his teammates and he was already kicked off the volleyball team.

in the principal's words, "the team's defeats were making him aggressive.

So he had lost his future, the only passion he had and why not, also the only university alternative that could guarantee him success.

"all because of some whiny first graders who were never compatible with Atsumu" or so the version sounded according to the boy.

everything inside the building was too pink and white for his taste, classical music playing in the background and a nice bookshelf in the hallway filled with awards and trophies that the prestigious Highgarden Ballet Academy had won over the years.

the kindly old lady at the front desk led his father and him to the "classroom" where Atsumu would have his classes: the walls covered with mirrors and the only one not upholstered with glass had a horizontal wooden bar. the floor at first glance looked very slippery, the wood almost freshly polished.

He would definitely break a foot there if he didn't do things right.

Oh yeah, and a few guys and girls warming up and stretching to start class.

"I think it would be good if just for today he sees the class from the outside, so he can understand how the world of ballet works" mentioned the old woman, encouraging Atsumu to step into the classroom.

With a serious look from his father, the boy had no choice but to accept and enter, grumbling and rolling his eyes upwards. 

the teacher didn't even deign to turn and greet the guest, she continued to give directions and yell at the students.

this was definitely going to be hell.

the music on the tape recorder began to play, and the students began what he thought was the assigned choreography for the day.

How boring, but how precise.

he was intrigued by one of the dancers in the front line; too light complexion, almost bordering on pale, black eyes with so much depth that you could barely see their iris, two moles on the right side of his forehead and black, curly hair.

He didn't seem to get tired with the speed of the steps contrasted with the music, he simply continued with the dance, without stopping, without gesticulating, without making mistakes.

By the time the Tchaikovsky melody was barely halfway through, the whole group seemed to slow down and slow down.

but not that boy, and another one who kept his rhythm, but unlike the black-haired boy, this brown-haired boy with perfect hair had a little harder details in his dance.

and the black-haired boy was moving with ease and naturalness.

so serene, so calm and so competitive.

His gaze traveled unintentionally down the black-haired man's legs and thighs: strong and balanced, with small veins standing out on the thighs due to the force exerted on the tips of his toes. They stood out even more in that tight black jersey with those white tights.

An enviable physique without a doubt.

Atsumu bit his lower lip, and seeing the sudden reaction that the stranger had caused in him, he felt embarrassed.

"shit, that maillot looks great on him" Atsumu thought seriously, beginning to worry about the direction his mind was starting to go.

For sure, that wasn't very straight from him.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

So this is how this new idea, totally original and created by me, begins. First of all, a couple of points before we start:

1) it's kind of obvious but it will NOT follow the original Haikyuu plot, so here the boys stopped playing or otherwise never got interested in volleyball.

2) in this story, all the boys are still in high school, specifically, the second year boys are now in third year.

3) since they are teenagers, the story will not contain smut.

4) it will have sensitive topics such as homophobia, bullying, eating disorders, among others. Don't worry, I will put a warning in case you feel uncomfortable so you can move on to the next chapter.

Guys little reminder that of you suffer any of this, remember that YOU ARE NOT ALONE, you are brave and you are love; If anyone needs to talk, feel free to send me a message through this medium or through my twitter account: @uhhitsGinebra

The most important thing for me is the comfort of my readers, so please feel free to comment if I have told something incorrectly so I can make the necessary corrections.

I hope you like the idea, this is something new for me, besides, my first language is not English, so as I always say, be patient for the updates.

See you in the next chapter! Bye bye! <3