Chapter 1 - The Avatar Returns: Part 1

A/N: Video above by atenahena! Please go check out their YouTube channel. I'm using the video as a sort of opening for this series, but I'll remove the video if the original creator really wants me to. :)
_____________

Ainz was talking with GranGran -Katara and Sokka's grandmother- about the Southern Water Tribe, and the many cultural rarities found within the small camp of snow and ice. The Spirit King listened intently to the old woman's story with great intrigued, absorbing every word that left the woman's lips in an attempt to uncover as much information as possible.

Meanwhile, Katara and Sokka were giving Aang a tour of the entire southern water tribe, eventually leading them to a group of children wearing large blue coats. After a few minutes of conversing, Sokka finally noticed the long stick held within the airbender's hand and quickly took it from him to inspect it.

Sokka: "What is this, a weapon? You can't stab anything with this."

Aang began chuckling at Sokka's antics before taking his staff back, pushing it against the thick snow beneath his feet. Meanwhile, Ainz and Katara both watched with intrigue at the staff-like object being held within the child's hands. Though, the skeleton already had a feeling that he knew what the wooden tool was.

Aang: "It's not for stabbing, it's for airbending."

Ainz: "Interesting. May you give us a demonstration of this device, young Aang?"

Nodding his head in conformation of Ainz' request, Aang lifted his right hand towards Sokka before grabbing the wooden staff from the water tribe boy's grasp. Smacking the bottom of the staff against the icy floor, two orange fans spready outwards like a pair of majestic wings, causing the nearby children to stair in awe.

Meanwhile, the Spirit King stared at the young airbender whilst scratching at his fleshless chin, the sharpened claws of his skeletal hands causing a loud screech to echo from his form. Katara stood beside Ainz and continued watching Aang play with the tribe children, who began applauding the monk's impressive skills.

 Child: "Magic trick! Do it again."

Aang: "Not magic, airbending. It lets me control the air currents around me and fly."

Sokka: "Last time I checked, humans can't fly."

Ainz merely shook his head at Sokka's arrogant tones, bemused by the sudden realisation that the young soldier had learned nothing since they met back out in the water. Meanwhile, Katara wore a cocky grin on her face as she noticed the confident aura protruding from Aang, her eyes glistening with determination to see her brother proven wrong.

Aang: "*Chuckle!* Check again!"

Grasping at the wooden object, the bald monk leaned aligned his body with the staff and pushed with his lower legs, causing his form to be thrusted into the cold air of the south pole. Everyone looked in shock -their fingers pointing towards the incredible display of air bending- as Aang began performing loops and spins in the air, casting a wide grin towards Katara. Unfortunately for the young airbender, Ainz noticed his seemingly desperate moments of eye contact with the tribe girl and allowed an inaudible chuckle to vibrate through his pristine teeth.

However, as he was distracted by Katara, Aang managed to crash his glider directly into Sokka's watchtower. Everyone stared with wide eyes as a pile of snow enveloped the small child, leaving no evidence that he was ever there. Katara and Sokka quickly rushed towards the pile of fallen snow, the latter only concerned for his watchtower. 

Meanwhile, Ainz was merely staring with his red orbs of death before he slowly raised his hand, utilising his own reserve of magic to thrust Aang out of the snow. The entire tribe watched on in awe and reverence for the towering skeletal deity, mentally praising him for his godly powers and skills. However, GranGran could only stare at the Spirit King with a look of fear plastered upon her wizened face.