Chapter 4 The Windigo's cave

Transitioning over to Jeff and Ben. Jeff is filled with rage, hatred, and most importantly, determination. With snow shoes on his feet and a box of matches in his pocket, he makes his way to the windigo's cave, unaware that Ben is following him. The snap of a twig breaks the silence. Jeff turns around seeing Ben fall face first into the snow.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Are you trying to get me killed?"
"Sorry, but I didn't want you to do this alone. Rose is really worried about you by the way. We all are." Ben says, flipping over.

"Aw, that's sweet, but I can take care of myself."
"You really care about her, don't you. That's why you're out here risking your own life to save someone that you don't even know."
"That's right. Surprising that a heartless killer like me actually has a heart, isn't it." Jeff says bitterly.

"Well, maybe its because you haven't had any love in so long." You and Rose have known each other for three months now, so I'm not surprised that you would be attracted to her. I mean, she's pretty hot right, for a blind girl."
"Yeah, she is."
"So is Rose your girlfriend or what?"
"Yeah, we haven't done much of anything yet. I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend three days ago when I first got injured."
"And?"
"She said yes."
Ben pumps a fist in the air, then makes a gesture towards Jeff's crotch trying to indicate Ben's next question.
"Thought about doing her yet?"
"Seriously? You're asking me about this now?" Jeff exclaims glaring at Ben.
"No, no, I meant did you ever consider having sex with her?"
"Hate to break it to you buddy, but I've been a little distracted with trying to keep my girlfriend safe and save her little brother. I haven't had time to think, or consider having sex. We've only been boyfriend and girlfriend for three days for god sake."
"You know, if she was my girlfriend, I would've started fucking her the minute after I asked her to be my girlfriend."
"Hah! Well you never could resist a pretty face eh?" Oh, and if you ever put your hands on her, I will fucking kill you."

Ben cracks up laughing as the two of them start walking again.

"Kill me, ha, you can't do anything to me Jeff. I'm a ghost, remember?"
"Oh right, forgot about that."
"So, you have a plan right?" Ben asks.
"Yeah, get the brother out, and kill the Windigo if we need to. I love killing stuff, but that's not exactly the priority right now."
"Is there even a way to kill a Windigo?"
"Well, they are immortal beings, but there's always a way to kill things. You just have to be smart about it. I should know, I've done it a few times."
"You what? I thought you only killed innocent people, you never told me that you have killed something monstrous like a Windigo."
"Yeah well, a killer should never reveal their secrets."
"How do you do it?"
"Well first of all, you have to plug your ears with headphones or something so they don't use their voice manipulation crap on you. Which reminds me, I forgot my phone and headphones. God fucking dammit! Holy fucking shit! What the fuck is wrong with me?"
"Dude, chill, that's what you got me for." Ben snickers at his cold joke.
"Ha ha, very funny. Now this is how to kill a Windigo...

Just before Jeff can explain the whole process, Ben and Jeff reach the cave.

"One of us should get the Windigo's egg. We can use it as a distraction and bate if we need to." Jeff whispers.
"Egg?"
"It contains the Windigo's spawn. They're bigger and stronger than the parent Windigo's. We shouldn't break it though. As far as I know we're only dealing with one Windigo. Things would be a lot harder for us if we have to deal with the mother and her spawn."

Ben nods. They tiptoe inside. It's dark, and has a lot of winding tunnels. Jeff lights match after match trying to see where the windigo has hidden your little brother.
A sharp pain from his side causes him to pause. Checking the stitches, he size in relief knowing that if he doesn't rest soon, they might come undone. Growling in frustration, he sits behind a rock clutching his side.