Chapter 1: Here Comes the Next Adventure

"y/n! Wake up y/n! It's time to go to the joke shop!" I hear as I sit up,

"what?" I say with a raspy voice.

I open my eyes and see Ginny standing next to the door of my bedroom.

"Good morning sleepy head. I'm surprised Ron isn't in here. Get ready we're leaving in 10 minutes. A bunch of us are downstairs waiting for you and Riley. By the way, have you seen Ron? He wasn't home this morning."

"What? Ron? No he's probably already at the joke shop with Fred and George. Who's here? And who let you guys in?" I ask confused as I stand up and walk to my closet.

"Your Mum, she was leaving so she left the door unlocked for us and told us we could eat whatever we wanted."

"Who's everyone?" I ask again hoping she wouldn't say a specific name.

"Right now it's just me, Luna, Hermione and Neville, but I think more are meeting us at the joke shop."

Oh Merlin, more. That definitely means who I don't want it to mean. Lavender. According to Hermione she's been obsessed with Ron since year 4. And since she's found out about me, she's just tried getting closer and closer to him.

It's been 2 weeks since the party. School starts tomorrow and drama is already starting. Ever since Lavender met me, she's been around a lot more. She's been showing up at The Burrow, helping Molly cook, and trying to befriend Ginny.

Ginny hates her, but Luna thinks Our environments good for Lavender so sometimes she brings her along. Which is horrible for me.

The worst interaction I had with Lavender so far was when I slept over at The Burrow last week. Ron and I woke up kind of late, around 11:30, because we were up most of the night... um... "talking".

We walk down the stairs to a delicious smell. We walk to the kitchen and see a familiar face. Lavender standing there, mixing something in a bowl. In MY apron.

Molly had made me and Riley our own aprons with our favorite colors and our names on them. I could see that she was wearing mine because I could see the ruby etching on the sides.

I looked over at Ron, only to the how furious his face was.

"That's y/n's apron." He says clenching his teeth.

"Oh I apologize y/n, I thought you weren't here and I could use it." Lavender says in that annoying little voice of hers.

"No it's fine, but um, where's Molly?" I ask

Oh she stepped out to bring Arthur something. But she should be back soon.

"So you're here, alone." Ron says.

"Mhm", she says with a silly smirk on her face.

I shake my head, trying to free myself from that horrible memory.

"Um, okayyy... I'll see you downstairs then." Ginny exclaims as she walks out of my room, closing the door behind her.

Ginny has been slightly off since Harry left. He was only supposed to be gone for a week, but Ron told me he heard that he is with Dumbledore. Which had set Ginny off even more.