Ch. 6

'Uh oh.' Izuku thought to himself as his vision started to swim.

"So what I think we should do is... then we go left.... they won't see...."

Todoroki was trying to explain his plan for the training exercise but his voice was cutting in and out of Izuku's ears. He couldn't comprehend what was being said.

Uraraka nodded in understanding while Jirou kept a look out. The four of them were paired up, going against Bakugou, Kirishima, Aoyama, and Tokoyami.

Izuku was torn between being grateful he wasn't on Bakugou's team and wishing he was. If he was, he'd be able to just tell the blond what was wrong, but he'd also have to admit that he was wrong when he said he was okay earlier.

Either way, there was nothing he could do about it now.

He roughly shook his head, trying to regain some control back.

"You okay, Deku?" Uraraka asked him, gently touching his shoulder.

Izuku forced a smile and nodded at her. "Just a little tired is all, I didn't sleep well last night."

"Are you going to be okay for this exercise?" Todoroki asked, a small frown on his face.

Izuku eagerly nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good." He said while holding a thumbs up to the half and half teen.

Todoroki nodded once to Izuku before signaling their team to start moving out.

Their objective was to.... do something? Capture something? Work on stealth? Izuku realized that he had absolutely no idea what they were supposed to be doing, as well as having no clue what their plan was.

He was so screwed.

'Typical of the screw up. You can't even pay attention to directions.'

He let out a sigh at the thought. He actually hadn't heard from them, apart from when he was trying to sleep, in a while. It was a nice break. The bakusquad seemed to have an ability to keep him distracted enough to where he didn't notice it.

Izuku was really wishing at least one of them was on his team right about now. They'd be able to help, or at least tell him what was going on. They always seemed to know when he zoned out and missed something.

"Okay, we're going to have to run all the way across this opening. Don't slow down or they'll be able to pick us off." Todoroki instructed.

Their team nodded, everyone but Izuku. They had been jogging from one piece of cover to the next and he was already tired. Now he had to sprint a huge distance.

"On my mark." Todoroki whispered.

"Go!"

The four of them took off at a sprint, but Izuku was falling behind. His legs just didn't want to work. It only took about thirty seconds for him to trip over his own feet and fall to the ground hard, smacking his head on the solid dirt beneath him.

"Midoriya?" He heard, but everything was fuzzy and quickly falling out of focus.

His eyes were heavy, just like the rest of him. Breath was becoming a chore, it just took so much to get the air in and then out again and he was so, so tired.

He just wanted to sleep.

"Deku!"

Izuku faintly heard the shout and an explosion before his whole world fell to darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The exercise was simple, one team would try to sneak to the other end of the map while the other team tried to track them down and stop them. Simple, straight forward, and easy. Bakugou almost wasn't even worried about Izuku.