The Spot

It was hot out that afternoon. Really hot. Makoto's and Haru's shoulders brushed each other's as they walked and it made Makoto feel tingly each time.
    As Makoto and Haru... and Rin strolled to the yogurt place, the sun beat down on them, steadily.
Makoto looked over at Haru, who was on her right. On her right was Rin. Every now and then Rin mumbled about how it was "too quiet" and "awkward" and maybe she "shouldn't have come anyways".
    Makoto sighed. She really didn't know where her feelings of jealousy and resentment for Rin came from. She had been friends with Rin almost as long as she had Haru. Almost. And plus how did she know Rin liked Haru?? Rin probably just liked Haru as a friend. Like normal people, she thought.
    Rin now looked over at Makoto. "Lost in thought?" She asked, practically bored out of her mind.
    Makoto started. "I guess," she said, unsure.
    Haru looked up at her tall friend. A look of concern that usually never showed there washed upon her face.
Makoto looked back at her, the look of concern fading almost as quickly as it came. But the concern itself was still there masked beneath Haru's features and the look of indifference of which they usually portray.
    They stopped finally at the best yogurt place Makoto knew; Kawaii Neko Yogurt Palace. (lmao idek just go with it)
    Kawaii Neko Yogurt Palace was very much like a cat café on account of there were cats inside the yogurt place. So you got to pet kawaii cats and eat delicious sweet things. Two of Makoto's favorite things.
    They stepped inside and the bells dangling from the doorframe jingled their sweet melody.
    The wall to the right side of the little cafe depicted a mural of a sort that, of course, had cats painted all over.
    Cat-scratchy statues (whatever they're called) carried cats of many variations. White, orange tabby, calico, grey. You name it.
    "Eee!" Makoto squeed in delight, making her way, as calmly as she could, to the perched nekos.
Haru, of course, followed her, smiling.
    Rin clicked her tongue and shook her head. Same as always. She thought.
    She was left to keep their place in line. And she did. (Poor Rin (>m<))
    By the time they got to the counter, Makoto was practically vibrating with anticipation. She was excited to have brought Haru here, but what if, it turned out, she doesn't end up liking the place? After all, she was only here due to Makoto's recommendation...
    She shook her head. "What are you getting?" Makoto asked Haru in her usual bubbly tone.
    Haru smiled up at Makoto. "I'm gonna try their raspberry tart."
    She smiled contentedly back. "I'm getting oreo and peanut butter with Reeses Pieces."
    A look of amusement passed over Haru's face. Makoto has a sweet tooth.
    "Oh yeah, I'm getting raspberry tart, too." Rin cut in. "Way to copy me, Haru." She laughed.
    Of course, Makoto thought.
    They sat inside for a while, enjoying their frozen delicacies.
    Rin checked her phone suddenly, "Oh shit, I'm supposed to go meet Sousuke. I totally forgot!" She feverishly put her phone back into her pocket, stood up suddenly, and began to rush out of the shop, while saying "she's gonna be pissed".
    She turned around just as she reached the door and yelled back to the table she abandoned seconds before, "Uh-- Thanks! I had a great time..."
    "Wha--?" Makoto had absolutely no idea what had just happened. She looked at the hardly touched raspberry tart yogurt sitting in front of Rin's seat.
    "They must have something going on between them." Haru said with little emotion.
    "H-hAru!" Makoto blushed. "What are you implying?"
    Haru sighed. "Nothing," she said.
    Once they finished their yogurt they stepped outside to wait for the bus. It was, again, really hot outside. And it's not just Haru this time, Makoto thought sillily.
    After a while of waiting, Makoto's face began to feel the sensation of the sun's rays beginning to burn her face.
She glanced over at Haru who looked to be having the same problem.
    Makoto then noticed the only shade in sight, a little crevice in the building of a bookstore that would fit the two of them. Which would be a tight fit, and so, not to be mentioned... But what if Haru gets a sunburn??
    "Um. Haru. It's a bit hot, huh?"
    "Yeah," she replied.
    "How about we go wait over there? There's sha--" Before Makoto could finish her sentence Haru led the way to the spot.
    Makoto hurried after her.
    They waited there. Inches away from eachother. Butterflies in one another's stomaches. Makoto awkwardly brought up the hot weather, her heart pounding and her face burning.
    Just then, the bus came. Makoto ran to the bus. Upon reaching it, she turned to Haru, who was just catching up to her.
    "Come on!" She called, patiently.