3

"You don't wanna know what I saw that night."

The man, although quite tall and bulky-looking, had his hands neatly in his lap as she visibly trembled. His eyes were wide, his pupils almost invisible.

The woman sitting across from him scribbled on her notepad.

"I see. I take it this night is the reason you're here?"

"Y. . . Yes, ma'am."

"I just heard you call me 'ma'am'. You were calling me by my name earlier. What brought this up?"

He paused.

"She- She told me to never refer to her by her name because she doesn't want her name in my mouth. It's been a habit ever since, with everybody I meet."

"So you're afraid of people being angry at you."

"That would be correct."

"Interesting. Now tell me about Katzenburg."

He sucked in a large gulp of air, exhaling slowly and leaning back in the red leather couch. He looked to the side, not making eye contact.

"It was horrible. I don't know how I even made it."

"Do you remember any names?"

"Uhm. . ."

He paused.

"I remember a few."

"Go on."

"Well. . . I remember Ross. And Vincent, and Sakura. Jozylyn, too. Oh, and Neil and Dokashi. I remember the 'monsters', but I'd rather forget."

"Interesting. Can you try and describe the night that she came to you?"

"Oh. I can, but I'd rather not."

"Go on."

He sighed, knowing that the therapist didn't care at all.

"She came to me in my own apartment. She tried asking me nicely, but I just didn't want anything to do with her. When I disagreed, she went from nice to evil in a matter of seconds. She broke my table, right in front of me. She kept screaming, backing me into a corner. I had to agree. I shudder to imagine what would be of me if I hadn't."

"I see. Who is this woman again?"

He leaned in close, lowering his voice to an inaudible whisper.

"Claudette. Claudette Octavius."