The Tent

*this one is an experiment Chapter I am Writing in just Serina's view. It will be a shorter chapter sadly* 

His gaze felt like knives hitting my chest, why must be brood?
"So uh...how'd your old guard leave?"
"He died."
Oh....not a good first start.
"I uh I I'm sorry"
He walked towards me but stopped.
"And what about you?"
What about me?
"Huh?"
"I've read your files....you weren't tested as a kid....you willing travelled into the fold to a camp to be tested. You joined the fight at your own free will."
I could feel my body tense, I didn't realize they kept records on us.
"That's personal....Sorry but I don't share my life nor my life woes to a stranger, let alone the person I'm risking my life for."
I expected him to glare or threaten to transfer me. But instead he, smiled? Never in a million years would anyone believe me if I said the feared Darkling smiled at me. His smile was rather cute almost like a child's.
"And why's that?"
"Well because it's not important...besides we have bigger things to worry about."
"My aren't you blunt."
I can tell that he is trying to make the setting calmer. I mean I would too for the person that'll spend their last dreadful breath protecting me.
"And why wouldn't I be? It's as if lying to a child. Each lie creating a false reality.....a reality that will crash and burn, so why lie? Telling the truth and being straight forward shows the coldness of the world sure, but it also let's one self prepare for it."
He walked back to his table looking at the maps, rude.
"You speak of this as if from experience."
"No comment"
Saints I could feel his gaze go from lukewarm to cold. He is acting friendly but I know he wouldn't hesitate to put me in front of a flying arrow. But one thing that will always spark interest, who is he? Truly? His gaze, so piercing I can't stop looking.